Thread for screamo/scramz/emoviolence music

Gillian Carter have a new album (!!!) coming out in October. You can hear a geyser-style nosebleed of a track here:

1 Like

new band feat people from Crows an Wra/We Came Out Like Tigers/others

1 Like

Good dual vocals stuff. Their bandcamp hints the band split up but they’ve only just released onto Spotify and live video of them has been put up just a few days ago so not sure

2 Likes

Oooooooo I really dig this - here’s to them keeping on!

1 Like

Yeah I’m into it, the whole EP is good too

I missed this news since I’m never in this thread, just searched the board after learning about it elsewhere. Nice! Their debut was stellar.

4 Likes

It’s so good

1 Like

such a good band. really hoping they’ll be over again, they were ridiculous last time

2 Likes

Covers all the beats you’d expect a 23 minute (!!!) sreamo song in 2022 to cover. Pretty derivative but enjoyable all the same. It’s longer than a lot of skramz lps i own :smiley:

This is so good!

2 Likes

argh really don’t wanna listen to any more singles just gimme the album already!

5 Likes

Seriously, I am ridiculously excited for this album to come out. I feel like this is going to be an absolute crusher.

2 Likes

their last album is one of my faves of the last 5 years or so, absolutely rinsed it. they are so so good live as well. i’ve had to stop myself listening to water wings so i don’t spoil it ha.

1 Like

Another good new one from City Of Caterpillar

2 Likes

Listened to the new City of Caterpillar this morning. Pretty good but obviously different from their first album. Way more post-hardcore and surprisingly post-rock as opposed to screamo. Saw in the new release thread Friday someone say they sound more like These Arms Are Snakes here, totally get that and that’s not a bad thing. Curious how much I’ll end up liking it with repeat listens. A lot of post-rock bores me but at least there are a lot of vocals here, it’s more post-hardcore overall.

2 Likes

Oh, this sounds interesting.

It’s a good post-hc record, but whether that has any legs in 2022 remains to be seen

The epic Mystic Sisters is outstanding though.

1 Like

Decided to throw on City of Caterpillar’s debut this morning on the way to the gym. Upbeat angry music, right? Well apparently I’d forgotten how much post-rock was in that album as well. Tbf I didn’t really know what post-rock was in the early 00s, though I’d probably heard some. This just sounded like post-hardcore and emo to me, so basically screamo. Those genres are themselves complex, dynamic, and can at times be atmospheric. Never dawned on me it was anything different. But listening again (although I revisited last September), and especially in the context of the new album, the American-style post-rock is clear and it’s not as consistently aggressive an album as I recall. Very very good, that part hasn’t changed.

2 Likes

Im looking forward to hearing the new City of Caterpillar. Waiting on the record to turn up though.

Still shocked it exists and is on Relapse (never thought here would be a new City of Caterpillar and Gospel in 2022 - just need Funeral Diner and Orchid now :smiley: )

The debut is something else. An amazing record. Few bands have managed to weld the styles quite as well i don’t think. Most post rock screamo just seemed to go down the we love Explosions in the sky and screamy vocals route, or the we love envy route, which gets boring quick.

1 Like