Thread For When You Randomly Discover Where Someone's Username is From (redux!)

An absolute classic thread from the old boards, as I’m sure you’ll agree.

Despite having known and liked Harness Your Hopes by Pavement for a long time I just googled the lyrics and saw the ‘roast them on a spit’/@roastthemonaspit line written down for the first time and it suddenly all made sense.

Feel free to use this thread as and when necessary.

(http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4478944)

2 Likes

honestly thought he was called roast themona spit for years.

10 Likes

I think everyone has, tbf. Weird that people read it like that instead of how it’s intended.

2 Likes

Oh wow I never put two and two together for that one.

• I am on safari looking at the animals
  • I am on the web browser safari
  • I am on the Swedish former international footballer who plays as a defender for Malmö FF, Behrang Safari

0 voters

I can’t really remember. It wasn’t shy guy from mario. I’m a shy guy myself so I might have thought about my defining trait and chosen that. Probs just thought it was funny and then 2013 probably made me laugh for some reason.

2 Likes

I originally came to jag my band and we haven’t been a going concern since about 2010

1 Like

ethricdouble
“eric doubles” - balonz i believe
ericthethird
IV
V

(nobody asked mate)

cheers

5 Likes
20 Likes

Any excuse…

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far but it is not 2010 therefore this is NOT a ‘where’s your username from?’ thread.

It is only for when you discover a username out there in the real world, realise that’s where that person got it from, and feel like alerting the boards.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

mutes thread

1 Like

Theo

Oh darn, and i was going to post about a drunk friend of a friend from the Cowley Road area of Oxford giving me my name when he drunkenly decided that Reece sounded like rice when said funny, but I’d better not do that any more.

I’m sorry :frowning:

profk - prof-kitsch. really because I was about 15 when I joined here and had no better ideas. kitsch came from that regina spektor album soviet kitsch. I think I name generated the prof bit.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s ok, it’s not an interesting story and i don’t even like my name, so the thread won’t be missing much.

I can only hope that one day we will hear this excellent sounding story in a relevant thread. Good luck and good evening to you.

2 Likes

@Flashinglight are you named so because of the line in the Tim Darcy song ‘Still Waking Up’?

1 Like