Thread For When You Randomly Discover Where Someone's Username is From (redux!)

I am! Was listening to that song when I was trying to come up with a username and he gave me the answer :+1:

2 Likes

Listening to a Pitchfork playlist of the top 200 tracks of the 90s and number 135 is the Super Furry Animals with…

@icehockeyhair (why won’t it let me link to their profile?)

I did not know that was a SFA song!

1 Like

Oh they are now @wikihock

2 Likes

Surprised it’s in there, pitchfork have always been quite ambivalent towards SFA.

what caused the name change btw? always throws me

(i know that it’s we instead of i, but WHY)

Was worried about it being a bit easy to connect this to the rest of me on the internet. I’m sure it wouldn’t work, though…

2 Likes

ah okay, same reason as I changed mine!

From the most Scandinavian thing ever.

Don’t make me tap the sign

3 Likes

Sorry! I got ahead of myself after getting the giggles from @profk’s first reply about Rita Ora and Mark Spitz.

For quite a while after meeting @eltham, I thought his name was just Eltham, whereas it’s just El and he likes Tottenham…

4 Likes

Hmm, I have only just now clocked the name change, thanks.

I knew they were named after the song because I seem to recall it being the first release after they got a bit big with Radiator or something and it came in a distinctive opaque white CD case which is the avatar so it was a pretty cool purchase. I was always the guy getting into a band just after they’d been made popular and thus buying the ‘crest of the wave’ release when it came out.

Well I did assume your name came from Mario Kart after playing it the other day properly for the first time and seeing there was a character called ‘Shy Guy’ but now you’ve said it’s not that at all.

I just worked out @NoahVale user name pun and I’m feeling both slow and stupid.

:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

I only just realised that I actually mis-spelt my username when creating it on the new boards, and seems I am stuck with it

8 Likes

I think you can get one of the @moderators to change your username, a few people have done that on here.

2 Likes

Yep, more than happy to do it.

1 Like

Wait till you hear about @anon3515918

6 Likes

And I’m a fucking idiot apparently. Cause I just worked that out now. :man_shrugging:t2::person_facepalming:

11 Likes

We’ve all been there.

5 Likes