Thread for when you're in Norwich

Please feel free to post in this thread when you’re in Norwich - as many times or as few times during your stay as you like.

NOTE: if you live in Norwich, you are welcome to post in this thread, but you do not need to do so.

1 Like

I went to Norwich once, for a wedding (not mine). I liked the little tin roof market huts between the churches. Actually a bit more leftfield feeling that I expected in general.

2 Likes

Sorry, I think you’re looking for the thread “Thread when you were in Norwich”

6 Likes

I went to Norwich once to watch Anberlin play at the Norwich waterfront with several people I haven’t spoken to since. I think hawthorne heights were supporting but we missed their set which was a great shame

My friend is going there to study now so I might go in the future

Sorry, not there now though

1 Like

How is it so far away.

It’s about an hour away from here

It’s four and a half hours from Bristol. For context it would only take half an hour longer to get to Newcastle.

1 Like

Weirdly, I actually will be in one week

2 Likes

Yeah Norwich has a surprising amount of counter culture about it, lot of Green voters and a small but surviving DIY scene, I think it’s cuz we’re so cut off from everything except one reliable train line to London that we get a bit of beat of both worlds

3 Likes

Not actually sure when I’ll next be in Norwich but I was there a few weeks ago for my mum’s 60th :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m in Norwich!

4 Likes

I’d quite like to be in Norwich, but I’m not.

2 Likes

Went past it earlier today on the way to the Broads, where we’ll be for the next few days.

Also, growing up in Norfolk, I took Norwich way too much for granted - I assumed the kind of counter-cultural stuff existed everywhere and it was kind of a shock when I moved away. The music scene has always punched well above its weight - I look back on gigs at the Waterfront and UEA in the 90s as some of the absolute best I ever went to, a golden era.

3 Likes

The Arts Centre is still excellent, amongst other venues.

Where bounce in Norfolk did you grow up?

2 Likes

I’m in Norwich everyday

3 Likes

Wymondham - well, went to school there and it was the nearest place resembling a town.

Yeah, I’m still on their mailing list and I’ve been up from Cambridge for a couple of gigs - my parents still live locally so they’re a conveniently located crash-pad on the way back.

2 Likes

I’m in Norwich right now.

4 Likes

I am going to Norwich tomorrow for pizza.

1 Like

No you’re not ID don’t play with my heart

1 Like

Ah I wish