You’re thinking of @sine_wave

1 Like

@sine_wave loves that new Mogwai album

3 Likes

Ah I was thinking of this one

3 Likes

Great album that!

3 Likes

Have realised that Creep by Radiohead is 30 years old tomorrow and don’t know what to do with the information so posting it here.

How many coronations will this thread live to see?

• 2+

0 voters

Thread Lifespan Test: the first 50 days

Another milestone reached. Well done team TLT. You should all be very proud of yourselves for what you’ve achieved.

Let’s all stop to take a minute to reflect on what’s happened during those momentous first 50 days.

• 276 posts in total (a posting rate on average of 5.52 posts a day).
  • If that rate is continued it will take another 1,761 days before we reach the 10k thread post limit.
  • Make a note in your calendars because that special day will be Sunday 18th July 2027, just 5 short years away!
  • 31 Thread Lifespan Testers have posted in the thread so far.

Our top 3 in the first 50 days are:

:1st_place_medal: @wikihock
:2nd_place_medal: @ma0sm
:3rd_place_medal: @colon_closed_bracket

Congratulations all, and keep up the excellent posting

• We’ve also seen 2.6k views in the thread and a whopping 630 likes. Making it, IMHO, one of the friendliest threads on DiS.
  • By my calculations @wikihock currently has the most successful post in the thread with this beauty

Hard to argue with that really isn’t it. What a post. What a thread.

Here’s to another 50 glorious days

:partying_face: :tada: :partying_face:

11 Likes

am oan the night shift

3 Likes

This is a good point. The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Less posts people.

3 Likes

ser davos jon snow GIF by BuzzFeed

3 Likes

I’ve got the perfect solution…

2 Likes
  • When considering the results of the thread lifespan test, I’ll consider the length of time the thread lifespan test stayed alive
  • When considering the results of the thread lifespan test, I’ll consider the post count of the thread lifespan test

0 voters

With every well-meaning excess post we are killing the lifespan of this thread with kindness. Just as well it’s only a test.

Sorry for the grammar @1101010 . You have every right to be lesseriou… I mean, fewerious.

2 Likes

TBH I just like that GoT somehow made this a running joke based, as far as I recall, on actually a completely different character’s grammar call out regarding the use of hanged vs hung. So I like to call back when the lighthearted opportunity arises :grinning:

1 Like

It’s my favourite callback joke in all of GoT (the TV show)

1 Like

Well done @Avery by the way. You are now the proud owner of the most prolific rubbish thread of all time!

(14hrs 58mins :1st_place_medal:)

5 Likes

Just 11 hours this time.

2 Likes

I just can’t believe how far the users of this sweet little thread have managed to take it in such a short time.

5 Likes

We were stopped from letting the Queen thread get to 10K posts. We won’t be stopped this time.

3 Likes