Thread of good book covers

1 Like

Here’s the complete album- loads of stuff like posters in there as well as book covers.

4 Likes

Awesome

I think you’ll win this thread @_Em

2 Likes

I have the actual covers of The Insecure Offenders along with Adolescent Boys of East London blu-tacked on my wall (we were throwing out fucked-up copies of them at the Amnesty bookshop I used to work at). Excellent covers indeed.

1 Like

Never understood why Americans have such bad high fantasy covers compared to us.

UK:

US

1 Like

We used to have a whole load of these Dragon paperbacks at home. Lots of Enid Blyton and horse stories. The same ones every school library had. A relative had signed my older sister up to their book club some time in the late 70s and just renewed the subscription every year as a birthday gift.

2 Likes

UK

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nz5Doud2L.SX313_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

US

edward gorey is excellent

1 Like

2 Likes

Great Kate Beaton comic:

4 Likes

Love the bizarre covers on PKD books
Still need to read those :smile:

3 Likes

Oh God yes. The less bad but still dull Game of Thrones US covers got changed to be a sort of merge of the UK original style after, I suppose, they woke up a bit.

The world wide covers for GoT books are really incredible.

I used to really love that cover. Then i googled the painting it’s from and… i don’t like it at all. I didn’t realise the hills are legs, preferred it when they were just hills

I’ve got a different edition of the book, but I do have that on a T-shirt…

@_Em thankyouthankyouthankyou

the real something leather cover with gray’s drawing on is still pretty bad

I saw The Insecure Offenders paperback on Oxfam yesterday.