Thread of the last Monday in January

Morning all

I know it’s a cliché but January seems to have gone on forever. Still, we’re on the final week!

Hope you’re well and your mornings are better than you’d feared. It’s a cold, frosty morning here in Norfolk but it’s definitely lighter.

Speaking of which, here’s the :sunny: DAYLIGHT UPDATE :sunny:

London
:sun_with_face: :crescent_moon: :clock1: :heavy_plus_sign:
07:48 16:37 08:49:22 +3:00
Edinburgh
08:19 16:31 08:12:05 +3:41
King’s Lynn
07:51 16:30 08:39:47 +3:11
Salcombe, Devon
07:58 16:57 08:58:34 2.51

I hope you West Country DiSers feel seen :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Morning CCB.

What is the time under the clock?

Dinner time!

(No, it’s total daylight hours)

1 Like

I posted my 2,000 word essay on Facebook last night about harassment in the Countdown community and I’ve been stressing about doing this for weeks but the response has been incredible.

I blocked a lot of people from seeing it who I wasn’t sure could be trusted to respond maturely, but I’m blown away by just how many people who usually don’t react to Facebook posts have done for this one. Some of the posts in response have been amazing and several women have said they’ve distanced themselves for the same reason.

Feeling quite humbled :pleading_face: I just hope no one shares it with dodgier groups within the community who will think it’s hilarious

30 Likes

Just finished three consecutive night shifts.

The weekend starts now!!

6 Likes

Morning, couldn’t go for a run as it’s proper ice around my way and didn’t fancy breaking an ankle. My morning appears to be all meetings, fun.

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

21 Likes

Horrendous night. Babby had a shocker. Cheers m9

2 Likes

Morning!

Take dog for walk/skate.

Walk/skate to pharmacy to pick up prescription.

Take a trip to the GRIT BIN and get the snow shovel out to clear the drive and patio, so I can have my washing machine delivered tomorrow.

2 Likes

Mornings are getting brighter. The little things…

12 Likes

It was still light here at 4:30 yesterday, it was pretty lush.

But it’s also 2c, feels like -3, and I’m pretty much done with this after almost a whole month of it.

Work’s probably going to be really busy this week. Leading on a recruitment round so have to do some e-learning on sifting and interviewing.

Short week tho cos I’m taking Thursday/Friday off. I carried over 10.5 days leave from last year and my manager has been softly insisting I take more time off.

1 Like

Mornall. Pretty Baltic here, with the odd patch of black ice on the roads and in the work car park to keep me on my toes. Blocked heat exchangers remain the bane of my life. Currently keeping my safety gloves sat on top of a boiling still so they’re lovely and toasty every time I need to put them on. It is indeed the little things.

1 Like

house is not warming up today. please

we’re catching yous up

Morning Monday, sunnier than expected here in Glasgow :sun_with_face: Feeling good after 45 minutes of deep stretch yoga and a big bowl of porridge this morning. Today is all about a set menu Burns Night supper later (bring on the veggie haggis :tada:) and hopefully meeting @Unlucky for a coffee in the park :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I’m utterly convinced I got up at 6:20, had a coffee, glanced at emails, checked some video footage from the racing yesterday, let the dog out for a pee, and fired off a couple of messages to people about tonight’s meeting.

How then is it 9am and I’ve just woken up?

1 Like

Thought the crescent moons were bananas :sweat_smile:

I’m ok. Woke up to a lot of snow!

3 Likes

Morning all!

I’m doing a load of essay guidance this morning which requires little planning but does mean I’ll be on Zoom from about 9.30-12.15. Wor Lass has decided we’re trying to do an exercise class at lunchtime too. My afternoon should be a bit less intense.

I’m doing the Burns’ Night classics although not with veggie haggis as Wor Lass complained last year.

D&D tonight.

1 Like

Going to send my letter of resignation today. Got to phone my boss beforehand to give him the heads up. Was excited about it all weekend, now I can hardly talk because of nerves.

5 Likes

Bananas At Sunset

A film by Ken Loach.

2 Likes