Thread ONLY if you Have Corona Virus OR have Had Corona Virus

This thread is to tell the story of what you have personally gone through with the Virus or are currently going through with the Virus. How severe was it/is it? Any advice for others? What were the symptoms like for you? How old are you? Any Comorbidities? General anxieties/thoughts/feelings. This thread could be an extremely useful thread for future victims of Covid 19.
Let’s keep this thread specific. There are other threads to discuss the illness and media coverage. Sports and music events etc.

Not had it yet myself.

How would we know unless hospitalised? I’m currently at home isolating but will never know if I have it unless, god forbid, it gets serious enough for me to go to hospital.

Good one

4 Likes

Had all of the symptoms - dry cough, headache, fever, joint aches - so assume I have had it.
Been holed up at home since last Thursday, probably more or less recovered now.
It played out like a mild dose of flu so I took to the sofa and took basic cold & flu tablets. I had one proper bad night (fever) but otherwise not been too bad. Been generally off food, just not fancying much, and noticed I lack a bit of energy if I do anything mildly strenuous: I did a couple of hours ironing on Sunday and slept for over an hour afterwards :grinning:
I have been out a couple of times every day to walk my son’s dog round the estate; just made sure I avoided any contact with people.
So, in summary, fairly mild. That said, I would imagine it’s a very personal thing so it might affect everyone differently

5 Likes

I work in the NHS. What I can tell you is it’s a dry virus. You don’t get snotty and full of mucous. The two main symptoms are a high Temp and a dry non productive cough. If you have a runny nose and lots of phlegm you don’t have Corona. You have a cold/flu.

4 Likes

Hope you are Well mate. Thanks for sharing. What age are you please? Are you normally in good health?

1 Like

Really helpful. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I’m good, healthwise. Exercise regularly so reckon that has helped on the respiratory side.

1 Like

I know all that :slight_smile: I’ve had a high temp since Friday and a cough starting today, I am as au fait as it’s possible to be with the symptoms. But without a test there’s no way of knowing it’s actually covid-19 because of the parallels with flu and other seasonal respiratory viruses. So I can only assume it might be.

Edit to say I don’t mean to come off as argumentative, the lack of testing while making sense on the one hand really pisses me off on the other.

Incidentally my symptoms exactly the same as @NoahVale - started with very high temp (39.8) with sudden onset, shivers and headache, incredibly lethargy. Very rough 24 hours where I couldn’t move. Headache and high temperature for another 24 hours then just fatigue and lack of appetite. Now on day 4 and developed a cough (I had convinced myself mine was just another seasonal thing but the cough has me questioning). Not as bad as actual season flu so far which had two years ago. If indeed I actually have coronavirus! 35, overweight, recently gave up smoking but relatively good health all told.

2 Likes

As I work as a Paramedic on the front line. If there is any suspicion of Covid 19 they will swab me. If positive then I’m off work for 7 - 14 days. It’s really bad that others are no longer getting swabbed for the virus. Hope you feel better soon. Incidentally the ambulance service are having problems procuring face masks and hand gel right now. I don’t think they can make these things quickly enough. There’s a nursing home at the end of my street and it’s just been on the local news saying someone died this morning there. Getting close to home now.

1 Like

It’s obscene that you don’t have access to PPE and testing. I’m really sorry. Stay well! And at least know for most of us it’s very mild

2 Likes

It will decimate residential and nursing homes. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

1 Like

I was trying to write a response to you and @NoahVale earlier but there was no way I could write it that didn’t sound awful. I don’t think there is a non-clunky way to say it though. It was really just to say I’m so sorry you’ve been poorly and it must have been/ still be a scary and disconcerting time. However it’s so comforting to me (and I’m sure others) to know that people that we “know” are getting this (presumably- sounds fairly indisputable) and getting through the symptoms without the terrifying complications. Sending you both, and your families, lots of love xx

12 Likes

I do have to spend the next two weeks at home with both my children (while trying to work) so will need all the love you can muster :smiley: I’d say to put your mind at rest prepare for it like a bad flu - loads of fluids on hand, easy food if you can get some in to keep your strength up (I had a wobble today after managing to have a shower but sure it was a bit of dehydration/lack of food rather than a symptom) - stuff you can snack on/warm up without too much fuss, and take to your bed if you can. It seems like the worst of it passes quickly but as @NoahVale said the fatigue really lingers on. Will update as things progress/improve!

2 Likes

Dry cough started out of nowhere on Saturday afternoon along with banging headache. Then aches and pains and lethargy. Still coughing with tight chest, but temperature normal throughout. Functioning OK e.g. can work on the laptop in bursts. Have felt much worse with other illnesses in the past.

Self isolating for 14 days, keeping away from my partner who is also now going to stay home per latest advice. Lack of fever makes me think it may not be covid-19, but got to be responsible about it.

I’m 49, have asthma and had pneumonia 18 months ago,. most likely as a result of another auto immune condition I have. Otherwise generally healthy, albeit overweight.

5 Likes

@anon32406580 :heart:

1 Like

thank you for what you are doing to help people, everybody is super grateful!

12 Likes

Ah bless ya! Thanks

1 Like