Threadnody for Thursday (Daily Thread 20/01/22)

What’s going on?

Just had some brownie for pre-breakfast now I’m eating a bagel

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day*

*) subject to new WFH guidance from my work

10 Likes

Morning from me and these GBOS

Thursday is the point in the week where I really wrap my head around how little work I did mon-wed and how much I need to do in the two remaining days.

12 Likes

just doing some spying etc.

6 Likes

Morning all, just finishing my porridge over here. Had a hard boiled egg that the box said went out of date mid-Dec but then it didn’t float when put in the water so risked it. Hope I don’t get horrific food poisoning later #pray4Squandered

Few meetings today, so hoping for an easy day and then off to see Parallel Mothers in the cinema, which I’m looking forward to! I have a free medium Coke waiting for me there too so I hope I don’t get too caffeinated pre-bed time. Been working on trying to have more energy so strictly cut out caffeine after 1pm and you know what, I am sleeping better and feeling more rested in the morning. OK, that’s it for the moment, hope you all have a great day out there!

3 Likes

Tell us more

I started yesterdays daily thread so I wasn’t going to do todays

I’m currently dying my hair, hoping that there aren’t any calls I’ve got this morning that I need to have my camera on for

If I told you then I’d have to shoot you :laughing: sorry

1 Like

looks at day of meetings Thats absolutely fine

hahaha I know exactly what you mean

3 Likes

Morning!

Got another day of cleaning the house and making it look like a show home for the photos to be taken. Mother in law is coming round to supervise as my wife (rightly) doesn’t trust me.

11 Likes

You know in teams when someone starts a meeting usually a few minutes before its due to, and it flashes up for 10s secs with the join button, if you dont click anything it should re-pop up at the scheduled start time.

2 Likes

20 Likes

Boss keeps pestering me to do work. Really rude, I’m very busy trying to keep my escape plan on the rails.

5 Likes

QUESTION: The bf and I are going for a nice meal tomorrow. Normally I would have added in the booking comments that it’s his birthday because sometimes restaurants do something nice for you, Even if it’s small like writing “happy birthday” in chocolate on the plate it’s nice isn’t it? However he made the booking.

I was thinking I would email them separately and mention it’s his birthday but I don’t know if it’s a weird/cheeky thing to do. Can someone advise???

I would!

2 Likes

aye do it

2 Likes

I would call them, they’ll be able to hear that you’re genuine & you’d be able to make sure it was something small rather than ostentatious or embarrassing …ie sparklers in his dessert & the whole restaurant singing happy birthday - or maybe you want that, I dunno

2 Likes

No true spy would have the word “spy” in their username :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Happy post, just in time for an all-staff briefing that’s going to make me say all of these things under my breath.

3 Likes