Throwing Muses/Kristin Hersh/50 Foot Wave

From the Recommend 4 albums from the 90s thread:

Just discovered there’s some new 50 Foot Wave (Kristin Hersh’s other band) on the way, so here’s a thread. Fingers crossed they tour… saw them a couple of times 15+ years ago and they were ace.

Also, can’t ever get enough of this:

1 Like

Yay! Kristen Hersh! Throwing Muses! I never really got that into 50ft Wave, must rectify that.

I saw KH at a tiny venue, Ramsgate Music Hall, 3 or 4 years ago and she was absolutely electrifying. Just her and a guitar: one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

2 Likes

This came up on my morning run today. An absolute jam!

2 Likes

I know we aren’t really supposed to like pitchfork these days but i thought this was a great write up of the debut (although bizarrely it doesn’t seem to mention Delicate Cutters at all which strikes me as like reviewing Nevermind and not mentioning Teen Spirit)

5 Likes

Surprised it wasn’t released in the US until 1998! Love Leslie Langston’s bass playing on the first few albums.

1 Like

She sold out a venue in ramsgate a couple of years ago. I admire her dedication to playing some of the less sexy places in the uk.

1 Like

Seen her in various guises and a few weeks ago at The Garage. Always great live.

Got my copy of University signed by her a few years ago and she was a nice a person as you’d imagine her to be.

2 Likes

Kristin Hersh playing London again at the Lexington 19th July. Might go see her again - one of my favourite London venues too + not been there in a few years.

2 Likes