"Thrown the baby out with the bathwater" lately?

Please speak about times in the last 10-12 days where you have “thrown the baby out with the bathwater”

Thanks in advance

I don’t have any babies and my bathwater exits the bath via a plug.

Flush the infant down the shitter

1 Like

This phrase is about “You’ve done something when you were doing something else” or something. I dunno really.

I don’t think I’ve said that in the last 10-12 days.

I’ve mainly been concentrating on saying “putting the cart before the horse” recently.

Can you wait for the “have you put the cart before the horse lately?” thread please

2 Likes

That’s quite vague. So like, if I was chopping onions and then my eyes started watering does that count?

Sure, if you like

how often is ‘lately’?

• the last 10-12 days
  • something else

0 voters

Yeah, “you’ve done something when you were doing something else”

Exactly

1 Like

Then no

1 Like

Thanks anyway

1 Like

I cut off my nose to spite my face the other day. Think that was a case of me throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

I deem this thread Silly. Please tag accordingly

Mowing the lawn the other day I had to either not cut this bit of lawn or mow the flowers. I mowed the flowers which I regret now. The eggs a “Rhea” egg, for those

This thread makes me think about the line

Nobody puts baby in the corner

which is a quote from a film I haven’t seen before but know and have said.

Now you have a choice. Either I make a new thread out of that concept, or we just let this one happen.

• New thread
  • Take over this thtread

0 voters

That’ll do pig, that’ll do

No. Because you cut off your nose to spite your face. You would have been “throwing the baby out with the bathwater” if you’d cut off your nose and spite(d) your face.

Was so tired the other day that I picked up some litter off the street to stick in the bin, but accidentally threw my coffee in the bin instead

2 Likes

Date stamped so we know if was definitely recent*

*Ants definition of recent

1 Like