Thurrrsday: evening

Evening all :slight_smile:

For the second evening in a row I played Mousetrap with the girls. It’s hilarious as the contraption never works properly and the little ball bearing goes rolling off the table and the mousetrap goes down when it’s not supposed to. Cue uproarious laughter from the girls.

I’m now in bed eating Smarties and drinking tea.

1 Like

Honestly it’s the bleakest thing.

Hmm I’m not sure but I think I might pick my next bag up directly from her as I think she lives local so I can ask her advice.

1 Like

Making dinner. Fucked up the gravy :sob:

I think when I’ve had it at places like Starbucks or some small coffee shops in the US, they have it in some kind of syrup form?

Seems I can just make a chai simple Syrup?

It’s so nice with loads of ice and oat milk!

1 Like

Ooh yes pls!

So just onion salad and mango chutney mixed up?

No. Just onions chopped up, normally into small cubes, in a spicy tomatoey radioactive sauce.

Pretty much the highlight of a curry is starting with spiced onions and poppadoms.
The image of the ones @laelfy has posted are particularly luminous

1 Like

Made marinaded pork chops and champ mash for dinner. Turned out well, though there’s room to improve.

Looking forward to shredding some bass over the weekend. Glad that festive period is over.

That looks like it should be fairly simple, and that is a decent shelf life for it too. If you try it let me know how it goes!

Onions in an Irn Bru reduction.

(I’m copyrighting this. Hands off, Blumenthal)

1 Like

Now yer fuckin talking

1 Like

Might give this a go, and do a @ma0sm style video. Chuck in some Kashmiri chilli powder for a little colour / spice.

3 Likes

This reminded me of a recipe I saw the other day

1 Like

people try and sneak irn bru in to all kinds of shit

It’s what the Low song “Canada” was written about. “You can’t take that stuff to Canada” i.e. no sneaking Irn Bru into our country thanks

2 Likes

:neutral_face:

Urgh just had to storm up to my room. Dad had a friend over to watch the football and they launched into a tirade about how women shouldn’t be involved in presenting football and its clear they don’t know what they’re talking about. Followed up with ‘there’s too much political correctness in the world right now’. FUCK OFF.