Thursday evening thread: dead queen edition

Am in Spain and it’s quite pleasing that no one seems to give a fuck. Occasionally see Brits staring at their phones intently.

2 Likes

Evening all!

We had sausage and mash for tea which is an excellent/10 tea.

The Child made a broccoli and sausage farm.

I’m already bored of Twitter accounts posting condolences. I don’t really care that Innocent Smoothies* respected her compassion and lifetime of service.

*I don’t follow them but I expect it is there.

1 Like

Watching a Midsomer Murders just like she would have wanted me to.

1 Like

I’m one of the only English people in the city where I live and ‘being English’ is practically in my job description so I’m just dreading being asked ‘what do you think about the queen?’ by literally every person I meet for the next fortnight of whatever when I make a specific point at work of not boring everyone to tears by talking about what I think of my country.

Was half tempted to trying to dodge a pointless meeting with my supervisor tomorrow due to ‘mourning’ but I don’t think he’d believe for a second that I was doing any such thing.

Just going to hope that the barometer reading will be what my office manager said when I said “the queen’s dead” and she just said “which queen?”

5 Likes

As to what I’m doing tonight, I’m cracking open some beers because I don’t have to start work until late tomorrow and just listening to podcasts with Tim Key on because I’ve decided that Tim Key laughing might be my favourite sound in the world and wake up excited because the new No More Jockeys episode will drop in the morning.

Evening DiS,

Got a curry on the way. That plan for tonight was meant to be watching the Mercury prize. THANKS FOR NOTHING LIZ

3 Likes

Same! Mercury I mean.

So now it’s Man United.

Had those filled.pasta things for dinner which was alright.

Work in a military town school with a fairly strong royalist head. Tomorrow will be ‘difficult’ for me to not be sacked for undermining British values with the kids

5 Likes

We’re watching the new Thor film on Disney plus instead

1 Like

I’ve cried 5 times today, not a single one about the Queen, soz

Please help me decide what to make for friends DP on Sat

• Salted Caramel Chocolate Torte (has a layer of salted caramel between the biscuit base and chocolate ganache)
  • Lemon Torta Caprese (don’t worry there’s still chocolate in it, white choc :yum:)

0 voters

Everyone’s a bit sick of salted caramel now imo, despite it being good.

What is a ‘DP’…?

Evening all.
Solo parenting still, Mrs Station due back the day, but flight delays means she’s still in Paris and will be so until tomorrow. Gets me out of a night out i didn’t want to go on.
Great North Run people have cancelled tomorrow’s 5k run, which is good as i didn’t want to do it.

Had a penang curry as a mourning dinner, spicier than expected!

I’ve rejoined the gym but I forgot my headphones.

No gym music just BBC news. Respect.

3 Likes

I’d suggest Dinner Pudding. Given it is the Gnome, I thought it was Breakfast Pudding but then the letters didnae work!

1 Like

I survived!

1 Like

It’s what she would have wanted.

1 Like

How long do we think it’s going to take for people to get their head around singing king instead of queen for the national anthem? That’s a lifetime habit for most people.

I changed my vote after this comment because I am a bit sick of salted caramel.

@Gnometorious - you seem to bake some very difficult sounding things: Are you very confident around cakes?

Having a night chai. A rare occurrence indeed. Will always remember this night, because of the night chai.

Sub thread

What momentous days do you like to remember from time to time?

Keeping M up two hours late so i could watch the Joseph D’Angelo press conference is my fave.

When Liverpool won the champiooooons in Istanbul and we smoked in the house for the first, once and only time.

4 Likes