Thursday evening thread (slightly late)

Evening all :wave:

We’ve just arranged to go and see the girls’ grandparents for the first time since last February :smiley: we’re going to break the journey halfway and stay at a Travelodge - so it’s going to feel like a holiday (waiting til the girls are asleep and then sitting in the bathroom and drinking wine)

Also booked to go to the national space centre in Leicester. That’s about enough excitement for one night.

How are you all, anyway?

2 Likes

Hola! Back from work in Long Island. Forgot how absolutely ridiculous their accents are. Mind numbing tbh.

Thirsty, beer time.

2 Likes

I do find it a bit crazy that you just rock up for work in these iconic places because, y’know, you live there! Do you think the same when we mention Cambridge or some famous bit of London or wherever?

1 Like

Are you going to be in Devon? I need to alert the border guards.

1 Like

I am! It’s alright: Mrs CCB’s dad has bribed them with homebrew so they should be quiet upon our arrival.

1 Like

Not really I just assume you all live within 2-3 hours of each other. :laughing:

2 Likes

Let me know if you take a detour around the South Hams!

Everyone else does :frowning:

It’s a shame that collaborative map of locations got destroyed :smiley:

I’m probably closest to @anon50098204, @saps, @epimer and @83746725 (who I miss) - all of whom are maybe an hour away. And then 2 hours(ish) from the London Metropolitan Elite. But then I’m maybe 4 hours from Manchester and fuck-knows-how-long away from the Scottish DiSers.

3 Likes

Never-

2 Likes

had local indian for tea, it was excellent. another shit day at work though. got another 6 weeks of this job at least, wahhh. was hoping to spend some time in various pub gardens this weekend but nooooooo we can’t have any nice things apparently. wah wah wah, stupid rainy island.

2 Likes

Would be rude to move

7 Likes

First game of 5 a side for over a year and got wiped out and fucked my ankle up. Missed it!

We should have a little “remote DiSers” subgroup. Me, you, @Ella_Megablast

4 Likes

Tbf there are a couple of Plymouth DiSers so not that far away. I believe @Brainfreeze has been on my street before for work.

2 Likes

Really pissed off at the weather this weekend. Feel like punching the sky. Twat.

1 Like

Full disclosure required, please

paneer tikka
saag chana
rice
veg biryani
pappodoms
paratha

6 Likes

Sounds good

1 Like

I don’t know what I’d do if there was another DiSer in King’s Lynn. We’d better get on, or that would be awkward!

1 Like