Thursday evening thread

Made a top paneer and spinach curry, now catching up on cooking programmes. First this family one then MC celebrity…

Bought a shelf that has a massive scratch so have to take it back tomorrow.
Sorted a load of kids toys out, if anyone here has kids who like superheroes, power rangers or Ben Ten let me know before I boot sale them

Theres a big European tournament on at the moment - BT Sport has the rights to pretty much all international hockey for the next few years so you’ll find the live stuff on there.

There may be highlights of the games of this tournament on:
https://www.eurohockeytv.org/

For domestic highlights check out Galvanised Hockey on YouTube.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

Right, I’ve woken up a bit. Going to have some :beers: and then meet an ATD to organise a Christmas gig.

1 Like

Beautiful evening. Out climbing / falling off my project repeatedly / reading my book. Bloody love Yorkshire.

1 Like

Further to this, it appears that the live stream on the main Eurohockey page, if it is live (currently showing Ukraine - Austria warmups) is being broadcast from just down the road from my house!

Do you live in Cardiff? If so I’m afraid it was a couple of weeks ago (and probably won’t be the best quality)

Flatmate came home from a few weeks in Berlin and shouted at me for the state of the flat and I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care I don’t care
Been spending most of it trying not to chuck myself off the balcony or smoke myself into a coma for gods sake. No excuse really.

1 Like

Having a gin (tanquery) and tonic with pizza.

Reminded me how much I like this song.

Also, if you want to watch something, you couldn’t go far wrong with this match from Monday - it was a corker

https://www.eurohockeytv.org/video/belgium-netherlands/949842

1 Like

Hiya eveningers :smiley: :wave:

Just waiting for my nails to dry :nail_care: :eyes: and perusing the interweb for more hideous things to adorn my flat with. might make myself a cheeky gin because why not?

Heading to the dark recesses of the north tomorrow… feel like I need a month or two up there to do everything I want to do…see family, see my school friends and finally relaaaaaaaax. As it is I’ll just get to do the family part, I’m hoping they all behave themselves :face_with_raised_eyebrow: can’t wait to be in the countryside!! One of the things I love doing when I go home is look up at the stars :nauseated_face: no light pollution n all that and the silence, except for owls. My pals the owls.

3 Likes

You should do a video tour of your flat, I’d watch that.

2 Likes

It doesn’t get more North than Scotland does it?

3 Likes

I fucking love the silence of the north of Scotland. Wee doob, sitting outside and looking up at the universe, awesome :+1::grinning:

1 Like

shoulda given them one of these:

1 Like

Went into work for day 4 of my 6 day week and for the fourth time this week I worked extra hours. Can’t do it tomorrow or Saturday tho bc I’m already in all day lols!!! This is not what I signed up for… explicitly said I didn’t want to do 6 day weeks when I joined the company and was only doing this one because I had short days. Nope.

So to counteract my provlem of having very very aching feet and 2 more days of standing up for hours to go… I went to Tonbridge to play Pokemon Go and walked 5 miles lol. Got some new Pokemon tho (articuno, snorlax - wild, over 2100cp!! - evolved a raichu and hatched a smoochum). Up to 191 in my Pokedex!

1 Like

Where did you go??

@lo-pan YES, my parents have such a beautiful garden over looking the valley and there’s this giant beech tree that I love to go climb and have a seat in and just switch off. The last time I was home I found a giant wine glass down there so obviously my Mum has the same idea :wink:

They still live in the same house I grew up in so yeah, i really love it there. The garden is magical!

5 Likes

I’m going to do one of my house during the week so @witches can do one after that!

3 Likes

Hahaaa!!! Aaah I couldn’t my flat is always such a tip! Maybe one day when I’m a little happier with it :smiley: can’t wait for yours tho!!

1 Like

It could become a weekly DiS feature. Or, ooh, ooh - we could do a DiS ‘Through the Keyhole’

2 Likes