Thursday morning, nearly February thread.

:lock: private appointment

2 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

6 Likes

An :lock: appointment for money
And any old music will do

1 Like

Morning
I have calls til 8:30pm on a Thursday so don’t start work til like 11/12ish. Currently in bed but have to do a 10km run at some point :yawning_face:

Hungover and tired as I was angry drinking and too angry to sleep after the football last night.

Mad that it’s still 3rd January

Morning all!

I’m marking and planning all morning and teaching remotely this afternoon.

I’m also representing for Team Thoroughly Bored of January.

I think we’re having toad in the hole for tea though.

Wfh cba uuuugggghhh

Feel fucking awful. Had about 4 hours sleep when I was pretty much braindead from tiredness at 8pm last night, read half of The Queen’s Gambit in my sleeplessness. Now I have a bunch of meetings today and if I didn’t have stuff to do I’d probably call in sick (although I don’t get sick pay until next week when my probation is over).

I have such violent thoughts towards my landlord. (It’s fine, he’s in Spain, I can’t act on anything even if I wanted to) I can’t believe I’m having to worry about finding a place to live again in a pandemic, less than 6 months on from the last time. Fuck this.

It’s Thursday again so it must be ‘heating engineer’ day.

Today the engineer is supposed to arrive between 9 AM and 10 AM. What time will they actually arrive?

• Before 9 AM
  • Between 9 AM and 10 AM
  • Between 10 AM and 11 AM
  • Between 11 AM and 12 PM
  • After 12 PM
  • No show

0 voters

Bonus question! The work is supposed to take a full day. If the engineer does turn up, what time will they finish?

• Before 12 PM
  • Between 12 PM and 2 PM
  • Between 2 PM and 4 PM
  • Between 4 PM and 6 PM
  • After 6 PM
  • They won’t finish the job and have to come back another time

0 voters

Have you considered instead starting a small but largely controlled fire in Hoogy Towers for your heating needs?

After almost three weeks and several requests I finally have a call with the head teacher at R’s school in half an hour :tada:

Fully expect to get brushed off yet again with no answers to my questions. Really hope I stay civil.

1 Like

Have you been watching The Wicker Man again?

1 Like

Soon may the wicker man come
Dum de dum de dum de dum
Tonguing is done
Take my leave and gooooo

1 Like

Also feel rubbish. Nothing an unhealthy breakfast can’t sort though

I feel sick. This will be bad.

Tbf anyone sensible in his position should have done a full rebrand by now

1 Like

Good luck, FL x

3 Likes

It was an absolute disaster and I’m so upset that after a really positive meeting for his EHCP yesterday that the head can be so callous and lacking understanding and tell me that this isn’t the school for Robin. Shaking so much now. This is absolute bullshit that they treat us like this. She interrupted me and apparently that was ok but me interrupting her was very bad. She had the cheek as well to say providing a school lunch for Robin was a “favour” when actually that’s a thing they are required to do. They’ve totally destroyed me now, I don’t know how I can put up with this for what is going to be most of this year before I can get him out.

It sounds so shit, FL, I’m sorry to hear :frowning: so many primary schools just aren’t geared up to deal with autism - in spite of their legal requirement under the Equalities Act to make reasonable adjustments - and I’ve heard so many horror stories. Even in our eldest’s school (who were pretty great with her) I had to ‘go up the school’ because of a crap teacher or TA or whatever, and it seems like a sliding scale downwards from there.

It sounds like you’re doing the right thing getting an EHCP for him and getting him out of there. Stupid school. Mrs CCB says she’s more than happy to help (with her teacher hat and parent-of-autistic-child hat on) but for now I hope you’re okay, we’re all here for you x

6 Likes

hello i am listening to enigma

1 Like