Thursday night (is the new Friday night)

I hope no one else is starting an evening thread right now.

If the rest of this week is anything to go by, I’ll be spending most of the evening trying to get Jimbo to sleep. He’s having a phase of taking hours, when it used to be done and dusted in less than half an hour, and I’m not impressed.

1 Like

Phew!

3 Likes

It’s not the new Friday night here!

1 Like

So tired, this cold weather really wrecking havoc on the ole NY body. Two more hours to go, then cranking the heat up to 75, eating soup, playing a couple of records and going to bed early.

3 Likes

Absolutely pissing down here. Going to a removal as a friend’s Mam has passed away. Feeling grim grim grim.

1 Like

Going to make a lemon drizzle cake tonight (no poppy seeds). Really excited.

17 Likes

Saw a busker with a contactless thing for tips yesterday. It was giving him a lot of trouble.

3 Likes

I want to have a bath but 'er indoors has given our guests a key and I don’t think I’ll be able to relax even a little bit knowing that they can come back into the house whenever they want.

2 Likes

Just made gingerbread cookies with M. Bought edible glitter spray and now we’re both covered it and I’m thinking from now on all food and all people and things in my house should be covered in gold spray as standard

23 Likes

Oh and FYI vegans, I used that amazing vegan block stuff instead of butter and it worked brilliantly.

4 Likes

Mrs F uses this. I was not prepared for just how everywhere it gets.

1 Like

Yeah, when the light shone right I could see it just suspended in the air throughout the kitchen. Felt like I was in a dream sequence. Well into it.

3 Likes

then good news!

2 Likes

Thanks Kermo. We’ll get there together, a good gang of us will be there, what else are friends for?

2 Likes

Got new glasses and everything’s slightly off-kilter. Weird.

1 Like

I’ve got new glasses on the way and I’m worried it might be my yellow Converse moment.

1 Like

Oh what’s it called? (Not on veganbook but we have quite a few friends who are, and so we do a fair bit of vegan baking)

It’s just a new profile pic

2 Likes

Are they yellow glasses? I tried red ones on the other day and looked like Harold Bishop.

2 Likes

Feeling a bit better. Cooked some comforting potatoes, cabbage and lindaMc roast dinner which has gone down well.

Going to sit and watch nonsense and go to bed early ready for the last day of term tomorrow. (Nativity and then eating popcorn and watching films/colouring stuff)