Thursday Regular Day Thread

C’mon guys, it is practically 9am and no daily thread?

Taking R out for his birthday treat day out (almost a week before his birthday due to logistics), his dad has already pissed me off and he hasn’t even arrived yet so that is a good start. R is super excited though, which is really nice :blush:

How are we all?

Where you going?

Working in Edinburgh today, get to leave early to… get some fillings.

1 Like

Aw happy birthday to R! I’m cold and tired and have loads to do. Now i remember why i dont post in morning threads, all i usually have to contribute is me complaining about how i cba :sleepy:

4 Likes

Hey FL et al

Happy early birthday R :slight_smile: :cake: :partying_face:

As for me and my life: well, it’s raining heavily again, I’ve got another stinker of a day coming up, and I’m regretting my decision to have eaten fish and chips last night. Oh well!

1 Like

^this

3 Likes

Double down and have kippers for breakfast.

2 Likes

Ah, i love how excited kids get on their birthdays. Hope you both have a great day!

1 Like

Story Centre! R’s favourite place (thanks to @scout for telling me about it)

3 Likes

morning all

was going to get an earlier train today but it got cancelled. so I decided to get my usual train. also cancelled. great work train dickheads :clap:

today I will mostly be avoiding doing any work where at all possible - interviewing someone later, still think the concept of me interviewing people and deciding whether they get a job is preposterous but there you go.

1 Like

off to see mariah carey tonight, going to a tennis tournament tomorrow, roller derby triple header on saturday and seeing the meat puppets on sonday
my most on brand (and therefore best) weekend yet

5 Likes

not at work because MrS was not well yesterday and had to go to hospital, stayed overnight and now I am waiting to go get him…all a bit of a nightmare stress thing to be honest, he is a terrible patient and is also getting very hangry… :slight_smile:

other than that, still cold, still wet, need tea

There’s a crow in my yard that seems to have an injured wing and can’t fly out :frowning_face:

It’s quite little so probably a baby.

Poor thing, wish I could help it somehow. Will leave the back gate open so it can walk out I guess.

Alright, Ace Rimmer

1 Like

Just done an hour of kettlebells :nauseated_face:. Got so much to do at work today but CBA.

Morning FL!

Got back from Texas yesterday and had a normal night’s sleep so I’m hoping I’ve beaten the jetlag before it starts? I got bitten to shit by mosquitoes out there and I react really badly, so much so that I think I have actual bruises where a few of them had a nibble on the same bit of leg.

Ngl I’m a bit pleased I can wear jumpers again and walk around outside without melting.

1 Like

Morning all.

I need a coffee but I can’t be arsed to grind my beans. Help me DiS.

• Grind those beans CoHo. Grind 'em good!
  • Just have a shitty instant coffee, life’s too short
  • (Extra comedy answer)

0 voters

Hope you’re all well.

Hi all,

Need some advice in poll form

Do you use DiS on your work computer?

• Yep, the typing looks good
  • No I browse on my phone so They don’t know what I’m doing all day

0 voters

Not sure what the best approach is

Sub-poll:

Have you ever been challenged / disciplined for your internet use at work?

• No
  • Yes - general use
  • Yes - specific website(s) but not Dis
  • Yes

0 voters

Sex

Speaking of which, I dreamt I got one of my clients pregnant :scream: :scream:

Actually had to properly wake myself up from the dream.