Thursday the 4th of June Morning Thread!

On a call where I have nothing to input.

Just like my posting on DiS

Someone did say ā€˜thereā€™s gonna be a void and we need to fill the void with workā€™. Which is pretty funny out of context.

9 Likes

is this with the university? our local UCU branch were amazing with putting pressure on for us, about 150 students, who didnā€™t get paid due to an ā€œadmin errorā€ and were going to delay wages by a month. good luck.

1 Like

Wtf, that is ridiculous. Even a week is rubbish, people have bills to pay and might have direct debits, etc

2 Likes

morning everyone. spent all of last night packaging loads of pokemon cards and warhammer sold on ebay. canā€™t believe how much value all of that stuff retained, pretty amazing. going to use it to buy a bed, think Iā€™ve officially become an adult now

5 Likes

Was it much of a pain selling them? Iā€™ve definitely got a big stash of old pokĆ©mon cards but Iā€™m always put off selling by the amount of faff it must be.

Just sold all the shiny ones individually, listing them takes like a minute if you use the phone app as you can use someone elseā€™s listing as a template (it even tells you how long to list for, what starting price to use, etc.) Was a reasonable amount of work, but personally Iā€™m happy doing anything remotely productive during lockdown

2 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:t2:

Just got back from the vet, was absolutely terrified of the handover but it went as ok as it could despite her crying and shaking (:broken_heart:) Apparently she has a skin allergy, bless her heart! So Iā€™m not planning anything over than napping, reading and cuddling her.

@NeilYoung thinking of you all over there, stay safe :heart:

@AdrianWebb thatā€™s awful, if thereā€™s anything you need let me or the fund know

7 Likes

Yep this was exactly what happened! The letter from the union made it clear that we as a collective didnā€™t blame any payroll staff as mistakes happen, which was brilliant. Unfortunately the people who call the shots are also (generally) going to understand the impact of wage delays less than those who may have made it :frowning:

1 Like

I can only assume people who love WFH arenā€™t constantly left waiting ages for answers that are necessary to complete/progress tasks :expressionless:

I canā€™t wait to be in the office again. What is the fucking point of telling me you want me to do all this stuff if youā€™re not going to actually reply to my questions. I thought things would improve now my manager is around but, no, weā€™re back where we were when I went on furlough but with the added expectation of me doing stuff.

I mean I am, but I move on to the next thing while waiting to hear back from people. Itā€™s mostly people I canā€™t go doorstep anyway so being on site doesnā€™t make a difference.

Hello. Today is my Sunday. Going to the post office then probably do very little. New RTJ record is fucking brilliant btw.

Got something in my eye that I canā€™t get out and itā€™s bloody agony

Had some right weird dreams including one where when you searched my name on Google, the top results would be all the selfies Iā€™ve ever posted on here presented massively at the top of the page

1 Like

I donā€™t have a next thing at the moment :frowning: My entire job has been turned upside down by this. There are no obvious tasks that I can just get on with - everything that was planned has gone to shit.

I did get an answer, but it was a shit answer that doesnā€™t seem to take into account that Iā€™ve only had half an hour of training on this incredibly unintuitive website and, weirdly enough, that doesnā€™t give me the tools to do a fiddly refund.

(If I hadnā€™t had 5 sick days in the first 2 months of the year and just spent a month on furlough Iā€™d absolutely be feigning illness today. So, so grumpy.)

Going to do an acid peel and put some make up on and do my hair so I feel better.

Eating slices of apple with peanut butter on

1 Like

SMH about SOAWPBO

1 Like

I think I used to live in that building! 19th floor. Was noisy as fuck.

Edit - no, I was in the one behind it actually. Good times in that flat.