THURSDAY thread 20th May

Good morning DiS,

Today’s the first day in 2021 when I’ll sit in a pub. That’ll be good.

I might also go for a run at lunchtime, because Junior ParkRun has restarted and I don’t want to be outrun by a five year old at the weekend

3 Likes

Morning all :wave:

Am off to get my first covid jab :muscle:

11 Likes

On a separate note: I need to write a quiz for tomorrow evening for someone on our team who’s leaving. I’m doing an intros round based in songs about leaving - any suggestions? Also any other suggestions of themed rounds I could do?

Leaving on a jet plane
Should I stay or should I go
Stay by East 17

1 Like
1 Like

Pictures of leaves?

1 Like

Name that Lever? (Picture round, where quizees have to name an appliance, based on a photo of just its lever)

3 Likes

What I have learnt so far, from doing this quiz, is that there are a surprising number of songs with no (or barely any) intro. Leaving On A Jetplane is one of these. (The other two are good shouts)

Irreplaceable
I will survive
Wake me up before you go go

A spot the difference picture round where you take a photo of a bunch of objects, then take 1 away, and reshoot.

2 Likes

That’s a good one actually

2 Likes

24-48 hours before the tap will be in stock for me to collect.

Looks like a day of sitting around bored then.

What worked for me (for some time) was working on a farm for two months. So you could try that? Hth!

1 Like

Dead leaves and the dirty ground

I’m a (be)leaver

Midnight train to Georgia
Don’t leave me this way
If you leave me now

Morning folks. I’m having a green tea and contemplating life, the universe and everything. It’s a grey day out there. Going shopping for bikewanker stuff tomorrow though as its payday so that’ll be fun (wahoo elemnt)

Posted it last night but for the morning crew, I captured a gorgeous sunset

11 Likes

Good when light does things

1 Like

Just had an email go around at work “Issue with Microsoft Teams”.

You don’t need to tell me that, it’s shit.

2 Likes

been eating this bowl of corn flakes for over an hour

soooo boring

Shrewbie…pls dont buy conflakes again, you deserve better.

1 Like