Thursday

Decided to give this thread it’s eponymous title.

Which is the best eponymous album? Or for the grey cells this morn…

The sun is up, there is a slight nip in the air (inappropriate Pearl Harbor jokes not welcome here, thanks all the same Ms Morris) and I am awaiting the train after a pretty wretched and exhausting dream that I am finding it hard to shake off.

Today I have to do more benefits work, I have to finish this blessed methodology document and then early finish to collect the kids from school. Then swimming, and prepare for camping (only 2 days hence, now)

Anywhiffles, tell me - and the DiS community as a whole - all aboot what you guys have ahead.

Had a mere three pints last night and now I have a massive headache. Wtf.

Train to work today cos I’m potentially picking up a second hand bike this morning. Whoops.

As for best eponymous album… I’ve no idea. My fave is probably Foo Fighters (lolllll)

Which idiot booked herself an 8.40am visit to the doctor?

me. I’m the idiot.

4 Likes

I had a similar thing yesterday. Three pints on Tuesday evening and felt rough af… Is it age!!!

How many bikes will you own by this evening pniks?

Morning!

I’ve got a long day of copying and pasting today. Well, it’s about an hour’s worth of activity, but it needs to last all day.

Today is my Friday- Yay!
I’m doing 7 in a row from Saturday- Boo!

Morning. The best eponymous album is the third album by the Velvet Underground.

I didn’t have anything to drink last night, despite the fact that my partner’s parents came for dinner and wine. Yet here I am, feeling decrepit first thing in the morning. I may as well have downed a shiraz bottle last night.

2 Likes

Morning.

It’s Weezer by Weezer, obviously.

I’ve got a several hour long one on one meeting with a colleague who deeply irritates me this morning. Cannae wait.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I’ll have three, but if I do end up with it I’ll have to get rid of the current bike I use for my commute.

1 Like

I’d probably say Mayhem - Dawn of the Black Hearts

1 Like

i’ve been getting silly hangovers after only a few pints. i switched from lagers and ales to rum/southern comfort/JD and mixers and it seems to have gone away. also don’t feel as bloated or groggy during the night itself so i’m more fun to be around.

morning.

Got to get out and stake up my tomatoes this morning, then working this afternoon. Yoga this evening.

Where you camping @he_2? I am going to take the kids in the summer, should be good fun.

i’m applying for some jobs. i got an interview with a couple of places after having submitted identical covering letters to them. as long as you include key words like “liaise” and “communication” and “interpersonal skills” they don’t seem to care do they.

Yeah I have rum and coke now with a splash of coke, don’t get hangovers. Do get two hours sleep though which probably isn’t good for me

Went to bed at 11 last night but woke up feeling completely knackered. Got half a pot of coffee on the go. Doing more dog editing today. That’s all i got for yas.

REM - Eponymous

We’re headed down to Dymchurch, on the south Kent coast - me and a friend are taking his and my kids (four, in total) just for the one night - but if all goes successfully, it will pave the way for more trips away and nights under canvas.

It’ll be my first night away from home that hasn’t been work-related for nearly 3 years, so I’m probably more excited than they are.

Have you decided where you guys are off to?

1 Like

Exactly the album I had in mind when I started going down the Eponymous route.

1 Like

i’m lucky, when i’m on form i can sleep like the dead

Not sure, I was thinking maybe Forest of Dean or Wales as I can’t be doing with going far. We have only done 2 nights as any more gets a bit much with the 3 of us in a little tent!

The kids love it - barbecues, air beds, torches and racing around everywhere, all very exciting!

1 Like

Yeah, I think my two are going to be very similar. Bbqs, torches, wide open spaces to run around in, beach over the road, swimming pool on site, beers for the Dads whilst trying to get them to settle down and sleep - hopefully it’ll whet their appetites. Feels like a really good & cheap way of getting away.

11 hour shift today, very upsetting. Can’t leave this bed