Thursday

Bloomin’ Thursday. Hello all.

2 Good 2 Bad?

Good:

• I can almost walk normally again, which considering I was using a mop as a crutch on Monday is pretty good going
  • Pizza for lunch

Bad:

• Got the sniffles
  • It’s cold

Good:

• Going to Scotland tonight on my LAST EVER REGULAR THURSDAY RYANAIR FLIGHT!!!
  • Just got loads of fun things planned there (Young Fathers, flat hunting, Ralph Breaks the Internet, grilled cheese, arcade games)

Bad:

• Urg the weather just fuck off
  • Still have to spend my Thursday evening in Stansted airport, don’t I?
1 Like

Morning Juke, in honour of your thread requirements:

Good
Gig tonight, which I’m quite looking forward to.
Food beforehand.

Bad
I have to take the dogs for a walk in a minute, but it’s very wet and cold.
HMRC.

Good:

• Artifact
  • Got a little breathing room at work after busting my arse yesterday

Bad:

• My Artifact skills
  • Work is still taken the pisses

This sounds perfect.

1 Like

Morning

Good

• spent a little extra time in bed this morning
  • I’m off tomorrow

Bad

• I overslept for the 3rd day running
  • Feel terrible, both illness and MH wise

Suspect it might be one of those weekends where I end up more tired after it but I’m totally fine with it (plus, wfh Monday :sleeping:)

1 Like

Just got a live shock off my phone charger.

Good:

• Quite awake now

Bad:

• Ow
2 Likes

Morning
+ although today is still my Thursday, it’s my last busy day of the week - and next week isn’t looking quite so bad;
+ I actually slept relatively well and had a bit of chance for a quiet ten minutes before getting ready;
- the guy sat next to me on the train (not @thewarn) keeps looking at my crossword to the extent that I’ve had to put my newspaper away;
- I’m going to an event today with a networking breakfast and a networking lunch. (Okay, croissants are a good thing but conversation is hard work)

Good:

Listening to The Beths :heart_eyes:

Seeing a friend after work

Bad:

Last time I saw said friend I was very very drunk so I’m feeling incredibly anxious :grimacing:

I am currently standing on a train instead of cycling to work

Good

It’s my day off!

Having an unexpected day with my daughter (but see below)

Bad

My daughter is off school sick so my plan of watching horror movies all day is blown.

I am riddled with mouth ulcers. Little bastards, the lot of them.

Yeah, I discovered Corsodyl a few years ago. Magical stuff, innit?

1 Like

:triumph: no car so I’ve got to get the train to work
:star_struck: I got to see what the city’s like at 6am
:triumph: stood in big puddle on commute
:star_struck: it’s dry now and I quite liked the experience felt very ‘real’ and made me laugh.
:triumph: I was too warm from walking about, huffing and puffing
:star_struck: now I’m a regular temperature.

9 Likes

Morning

:ballot_box_with_check: cold is on the way out
:ballot_box_with_check: new functioning bike locks = can cycle to work again
:negative_squared_cross_mark: far too much to do, lots of stress
:negative_squared_cross_mark: 9pm Skype meeting and I have to chair it :cry: :pray:

That was a real rollercoaster of a post. Glad you ended on a high note :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Meeting someone tonight again, no dinner this time. Only for an hour.
:slightly_smiling_face: Last day in the office this week
:cry: Bin lorries everywhere clogging up the roads on the way to school
:sob: Tired tired tired

+ Absolutely nothing

- Got to spend a large part of my day working with Google Analytics and DNS, which are so boring I’d rather be listening to latter-period Idlewild album.

- Short-staffed this week so the equal parts useless and irritating new starter will be pestering me every 10 minutes.

- Had a migraine for about 36 hours but I can’t take the day off because someone else was off yesterday ‘with a headache’ so I’ll look like a big and unimaginative skiver if I do the same.

At least I’ve got a 4-hour round trip to a 3-year old’s birthday party that I’m being forced to go to for no reason at the weekend to look forward to.

This, my friends, is why I drink.

1 Like

Good morning :umbrella::octopus:

:-1:t3: I’m pretty exhausted. Need more sleep.
:+1:t3: I’m on my way to Edinburgh for a meeting in the castle which should be a fun one. I should finish a bit early too…
:-1:t3: These cold and dark mornings are starting to feel a bit relentless and it’s not even December yet.
:+1:t3: Mandy is finally on Shudder! So I’m gonna get treats in and watch that tonight.

:white_check_mark: R is back at preschool
:white_check_mark: uh…
:negative_squared_cross_mark: very tired and very sad, cba
:negative_squared_cross_mark: promised R he could have the new issue of the magazine he likes from the shop after preschool, turns out it isn’t out yet. Really hope I can steer him towards something else without a tantrum :frowning:

Such a great record :+1:

1 Like