Thursday

Feeling kinda ill, woke up with a headache and feeling vommy. Had breakfast and feeling a bit better now, but can’t decide if I should sack off work or not. Feels like the walk in will either make me feel better or just sink me entirely.

Going to Edinburgh tonight, looking forward to the nice and breezy 90 minute journey :bullettrain_front: choo choo

:wave:

Morning @theorist et all.

Genuinely nothing to report today.

1 Like

I spent last night applying for jobs/sorting my LinkedIn profile, etc.

Feeling full of optimism and trying to make the most of it before the inevitable reality of my unemployability sets in. Will spend the day watching my phone/wondering what else I could do for a living.

Man, that guy is the worst. I’ll give him a strong talking to for you when I next see him around.

1 Like

you have my deepest sympathies

3 Likes

I’d appreciate that. Someone needs to take him down a peg or two.

1 Like

Morning all!

Shocking drive to work - two separate accidents on the A23, but because the days are longer now the sun was up for the whole journey, and the Satnav took me on a magical mystery tour of the Sussex back roads, leading to fantastic views like this:

3 Likes

Both of the adults in my house had this this week.

Fucking horrible.

I’m at the doctors surgery now.

I’ve also got a Trail of Dead ticket tonight that I might not be able to use.

Morning all,

Had a great night’s sleep, thanks for asking, got up and went for a walk round the park and am now doing my best WFH impression. in the process of getting my wife’s lunch from the fridge, I remembered that I was meant to be making stock from Sunday’s chicken and the veg peelings in the freezer, so this house is going to smell pretty tasty all day.

'er who has friends at work is going to a friend from work’s house for dinner tonight, so it gives me an excuse to use the final bits of chicken with some rather hot mole I’ve been wanting to make for a while (since I found out I was cooking for one tonight). I might also have some time to solder some effect pedals, although I’m struggling to work out how I’m going to drill the casing. I’ve got about 17 holes to place and drill in the case and last time I tried to drill one hole my bits or drill or both weren’t up to much more than scratching the surface slightly.

Good day to youse.

Aw piss, I didn’t even know they had put an album out last year! Must listen to that later!

1 Like

Got up early for some Bandcamp admin, got an essay to do and a workday to navigate. Feeling pretty positive about getting shit done though.

Well, I’ve managed to do a balance transfer this morning, so that’s a good thing, albeit not particularly work related.

Just had a look and the last album was with a three piece but I’ve no idea what their touring lineup is. Would love to see them.

1 Like

Morning! Couldn’t get to sleep last night what with all the wind, so was idly on my phone and saw an email saying I had 10 free spins on some slots game on my Paddy Power account. Went on it, won £75. Thanks wind. Thwind.

4 Likes

:face_with_thermometer::sneezing_face::fist:

1 Like

You just have to wager that £75 1000 more times in order to withdraw it, right?

2 Likes

I’m hungover and super tired, but need to head out to the horses soon. Feels rough man.

Oh yeah - I did have more of an update. We came third in the pub quiz last night. We were mid table for most of it, and the winners were a good ten points above everyone else, but a strong last few rounds meant that our team (His Masters Redundancies) went home with a little box of chocolates each. Hurrah!

1 Like

hope you win big :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Their last album was a stripped back dark Americana record. Very different to their other stuff. I really didn’t care for it tbh. J.R. Robinson has a decent baritone but he’s not much of a lyricist. They should stick to massive doom metal epics imo.