Thursday

Thursday is the day of the week following Wednesday and before Friday. According to the ISO 8601 international standard adopted in most western countries, it is the fourth day of the week. In countries that use the Sunday-first convention, Thursday is defined as the fifth day of the week. It is the fifth day of the week in the Judeo-Christian liturgical calendar. It is often abbreviated to Th or Thu.

The name is derived from Old English Þūnresdæg and Middle English Thuresday (with loss of -n-, first in northern dialects, from influence of Old Norse Þorsdagr) meaning “Thor’s Day”. It was named after the Norse god of Thunder.

2 Likes

Alright ssf? Today is my Friday (Friday is a 1995 American stoner buddy comedy film directed by F. Gary Gray in his directorial debut) as I’ve got this wedding on Saturday so will be travelling up to York tomorrow. Love a good Autumnal* wedding.

Winter I

JAPANDROIDS TONIGHT!!!

Didn’t even cycle in so I can have a few beers can’t I!!!

2 Likes

Scrapping all the work I’ve done this week at the request of the client. Not because it was bad or wrong. Just because they now want to do it differently. Soundtracking my day with The Disintegration Loops for pathos.

Day 4 of jury service. Should I post juicy details tomorrow?

• Yes
  • No
  • You’re not my real dad

0 voters

Going to see Petrels tonight. Yeah!

1 Like

39 weeks. No baby. It is taking its toll on everyone.

And Spotify has stopped stopping music playing when my headphones are removed, an action that I am trained to expect from over a decade of portable music listening.

Are Tall Ships any good, they’re playing in Sheffield tonight and I might get involved with #DiSgoingtoagigThursday

Booked tomorrow off work purely because I cba.

Got a training thing this morning which I can’t be arsed with. Luckily, my bit is at the end - and usually these things overrrun so I’m hoping that I won’t have to speak for more than five minutes.

Had a dream last night that I was due to go on-stage at the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange (in front of a sold-out audience) and headline a comedy set. Except I had prepared no jokes at all. I was also mid-way through re-stringing my guitar when I was called on-stage.

Will watch last night’s GBBO tonight. Sadly I know who leaves because some dickhead (not @anon50098204) was reading an article about it in front of me on the train.

They’re pretty good yeah

1 Like

I saw them on Tuesday - they are great.

Morning all. Off to Brum later today. Managed to get a £7 ticket from Marylebone at the last minute. Wedding this weekend. So many weddings.

1 Like

Morning
Saw 40 Watt Sun last night which was great.
This week I started a NVQ evening course and the first 2 evening have gone ok and I enjoyed them, I think I made a good decision.

Sup. Went to the dentist this morning for the first time in years. Was all right, bit of a nuisance. Heading to Glasgow to see Jagwar Ma tonight!

Feel worse today. Meant to be seeing Public Service Broadcasting tonight. Wish me luck

All day meetings today. Actually shitting it about how much we have to cover and are already a little behind. Not my section/so relevant to me right now, obvs.

only heard them once or twice but i recall thinking, yeah, they’re not bad