Thursdevening

Very bad migraine I’ve had since yesterday afternoon is starting to possibly subside a little. I can look at things now but sound still hurts and seems greatly amplified.

Been unable to do anything for more than a minute or two before it gets too much.Might read two pages of my book after R is asleep then go to bed myself.

Managed to smooth today over so far, good times, good times. Now I have to work, but there’s going to be stir fry for dinner which I’m pretty hype about. Love stir fry. I’ve also discovered that I really like playing the drums, so that’s nice.

2 Likes

Cath Kidston nice!

This one

1 Like

Got a nice cardigan in the post today. Still trying to eat healthily but massively craving Haribo Tangfastics.

Flicking through the American news channels on my dodgy TV box setup for some perspective on what’s going on over the pond. Trump’s just been banned from Snapchat apparently.

That’s the one she already has!

Do you need a spare?! :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I’ll let you know if I inevitably sit on the ones we have or spill beans on them or something.

1 Like

Drumming is so much fun. I became a drummer by proxy after our real drummer left and I love it. As someone who doesn’t exercise apart from walking, I find it’s actually a good workout as well. Just miss actually playing with the rest of the band at the moment.

1 Like

Tried making dough for parathas (twice). Shit both times. Anybody have a good recipe?

No and I’d never knock someone for making their own but the frozen ones that you dry fry are without doubt the best Indian style bread you can buy in.

1 Like

Mac cheese and sausages for tea.

Watching The Fix it’s very very awful American lawyer drama and I LOVE it.

1 Like

Was gonna buy some of those, but thought I’d give my own a go first. What a mistake

1 Like

Evening

Got a second job offer today. Like buses etc.

Went for a walk in Trent Park in the sun this afternoon. It was a lovely.

Now ghoulishly watching rolling news for more insurrection tidbits

5 Likes

Getting all kinds of adulting done today. Organised the purchase of a new car and (hopefully!) officially employed a local joinery firm to re-roof my house. Adulting can be painfully expensive at times :frowning: Did another Tour de Zwift ride earlier, just missed out on a top 40 spot but it was out of 1100 folk so I’m chuffed. Had some freezer beige for tea, now settling down on the sofa with some herbal teas, a book and (hopefully) not too much doom-scrolling before bed.

1 Like

Sausages and shitty American law dramas are two of my favourite things. I made what I like to call Bavarian lunch today, which was just sausages potatoes and onions in the oven, then a really basic salad and some pickled vegetables. Love Bavarian lunch.

3 Likes

find the clickbait thread titles people do on here really irritating

4 Likes

Watch your step, that’s my heritage you’re trampling over.

@anon89873996 I’m looking at that expensive-to-ship yellow salami tee again :sob:

2 Likes

like come on how nice is this tee

10 Likes

To be fair, I got the idea from a Bavarian family I stayed with in Berlin on a school exchange, so it’s at least got some basis in fact! I very fondly remember how the first meal they made when I arrived was what was termed a salad, and it was a couple of massive lumps of pork, some potatoes, and a little bit of lettuce as a sort of concession to the idea of vegetables. It was bloody delicious I tell you.

2 Likes