Thursington

If money’s tight, ask for your money back.

If you’re donating money to keep venues open, donating money to keep promoters running is just as important IMHO. Gigs need venues AND promoters, and just because one is bricks & mortar and the other is people shouldn’t make a difference. But don’t feel you ought to donate to either (there are arguably worthier causes out there)

3 Likes

Can’t do any work because I’m waiting for my vegan no waste market stall delivery and I know there’s cinnamon buns in it and I really want a cinnamon bun.

Just checking. Are we meant to be doing stuff? I’m watching YouTube. are people doing things???

3 Likes

created a great new snack: yoghurt and crunchy nut cornflakes

perfect if you want something not quite as nice as yoghurt on its own but also slightly worse than crunchy nut cornflakes and milk

6 Likes

Depends on who the promoter is. If it’s a local independent one, by all means keep supporting them. But if it’s Live Nation and the like, it’s your public duty to ask for your money back (+interest).

3 Likes

GPWM

Thankfully most of the gigs put on in Brighton are small companies doing it for the love of it than to be profit making behemoths

Finally caved in and watching Tiger King.

2 Likes

Might rewatch Neon Genesis Evangelion

1 Like

I refuse to believe this.

1 Like

Big fan of this lot;

2 Likes

Can’t believe its almost 5 ive done fuck all.

1 Like

My cinnamon buns still aren’t here, so the fact that I’ve done no work this afternoon is not my fault.

1 Like

I’m not working today. Ive done the washing up and got dressed in the 7hrs ive been awake.

Imho, he has some good songs

2 Likes

You know what I was thinking the other day Bam, in the song ‘Gustavo’, he says ‘By a redneck sunnyside highway cop’ No idea what the sunnyside means there? Maybe @NeilYoung will know.

1 Like

I don’t know but it’s a good phrase, maybe he had just had a fry up

2 Likes

Also ‘Tijuana payphone’ is probaly one of my favourite things to say.

Anyway reckon I should go outside.

2 Likes

Thank you for this warm exchange about the music of Mark Kozelek. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

A drink featuring @anon19035908’s pink gin

9 Likes