⚠️ Time to BeReal. ⚠️

If you don’t know what it is, google it :mag_right:

If you’re not interested in getting it, that’s fine, you don’t need to post in the thread :end:

If you have BeReal or are interested in getting it, tell us yr username so we can all be friends and BeReal together :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

soundtrack to this thread

2 Likes

I’ve considered it but my life is v boring atm

Would it be interesting to see my work slack?

3 Likes
1 Like

Finding ways to not breach GDPR during the working day is one of the joys of BeReal

2 Likes

I’m glad that the BBC posted this handy warning to not get fired

this reminds me a lot of Ello.

My kids are on it - I sometimes see them if they repost to insta

Not planning to get involved I’m afraid

1 Like

My niece has it but it seems like in her circle of friends there is no real blowback for ignoring the notification.

Sounds like a fun app for people who aren’t boring like me.

GDPR is the biggest pile of pointless bollocks ever invented. Anything which breaches it will do me. Might give this a go.

2 Likes

Think I’m gonna steal the first two lines of the OP and use them in all my threads
#nomorebullshit

4 Likes

The number of posts shrinks by 90% within days

1 Like

this sounds fun tbh, i havent got it but maybe i will. it reminds me of when snapchat was blowing up, there was another thing that was a pink paper aeroplane, cant remember what that was called but you could send pics to anyone around the world i think. i like the idea that its a random time for everyone who uses it. yeah i think im into it

1 Like

although mine would be very boring, me wfh-ing, feeding the baby or whatever, lying on the settee. brilliant

I love how you get to see the boring bits of everyone’s lives with BeReal. I went to 6 football matches in a week: 0 of the BeReal notifications came up during matches but 4-5 of them were when I was travelling. You see when people are stuck in traffic or in bed or walking around. It’s great

1 Like

i do genuinely love boring social media updates tbf

I signed up to this when everyone from here used it for about three weeks, that was at least ten years ago and I still get emails from them sometimes

1 Like

Haven’t had any Ello emails since 2019. Looks like a blank/hidden/holding version of my profile exists but I’ve forgotten my password, and the site won’t send a reset email. :sleepy: