Times a price genuinely surprised you

a single ‘english cucumber’ in my local shop is $3

Feel like this should be someone’s title on here

i would love if my toothbrush played the hits of Corrine Bailey Ray while it was in my mouth

1 Like

100ml of Salcombe Gin hand sanitizer - £8

Hits? Plural?

My daughter was playing shop with her dad earlier, and charged him £13 for a corn on the cob

2 Likes

oh i’m sorry mate is this not enough for you

She released her debut album, Corinne Bailey Rae , in February 2006, and became the fourth female British act in history to have her first album debut at number one.[5] In 2007, Bailey Rae was nominated for three Grammy Awards and three Brit Awards, and won two MOBO Awards. In 2008, she won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year (for her work as a featured artist in Herbie Hancock’s River: The Joni Letters ).[6]

Bailey Rae released her second album, The Sea , on 26 January 2010, after a hiatus of almost three years. It was produced by Steve Brown and Steve Chrisanthou (who produced her debut album in 2006).[7][8] She was nominated for the 2010 Mercury Prize for Album of the Year. In 2012, she won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance for “Is This Love” (a cover of the Bob Marley and the Wailers song of the same name).[9] Bailey Rae was married to fellow musician Jason Rae from 2001 until his death in 2008, and as part of the grieving process, she channeled her emotions into her music.[10] Her first two albums have together sold over five million copies worldwide.

On 26 February 2016, Bailey Rae announced her third album, The Heart Speaks in Whispers , which was released on 13 May 2016. The Heart Speaks in Whispers debuted at No. 2 on Billboard 's R&B chart.[11]

3 Likes

Where does that say she had more than one hit?

from the first album alone

The lead single, “Like a Star” became a hit in the UK and US, and sold over 327,000 US downloads. Follow-up single “Put Your Records On”, her biggest hit to date, rose to number two in the UK, and sold over 945,000 US downloads.

1 Like

Yep, £25 from Decathlon

1 Like

Seen some teenage lads wearing these recently and thought they looked Very Silly.

£600.

4 Likes

Ok, two hits.

does funkhouser mocking voice so plural then

1 Like

cracking pair of hits

1 Like

i like to think that this is a time where @anon19035908 has found that the price of arguing with xylo - his credibility and exposed fallibility - has surprised him.

3 Likes

is that kangaroo dollars? how much in actual money?

1 Like

alright UKIP

2 Likes

Needed a boring duvet cover the other day, so went to sainsbury’s and they had a load in the sale, all the duvet covers on the shelf had sale prices attached that were around 15-20 quid, got to the till, turned out I’d picked one up that wasn’t in the sale, idiot idiot, 45 quid, bollocks

1 Like

Never had any in the first place pal

Didn’t know you could see through my bedroom window.

1 Like

You know I believe it was AUD but could have been USD