Times where you have been near dissers or bumped into them by accident (chance encounters, no polls)

Lived on the same street as @Severed799 for a bit but didn’t know

Probably bumped into @xylo a lot in 2012 but didn’t know who he was

Saw @aboynamedgoo in a local pub/venue a few times when I wasn’t on dis

Used to bump into @ttf on the train back from London a bit and seemingly every time I was in Guildford for a while. was getting to the point where I’d be dissapointed if I didn’t say hi to him.

used to get the same tube to @marckee quite a bit when I was off dis but was always the other end of the carriage and you’re not gonna start shouting over a packed carriage now are you.

6 Likes

oh FUCK this has reminded me i saw @TheBarbieMovie2023 about a month or so ago, maybe 6 weeks back, stood on london bridge station as my train went past her on the platform.

not even confirmed that with her, but it was 100% her (so i hope she says it was her). it was one evening. something like June 19th/20th maybe? idk.

3 Likes

fucktherave (or fuckthisband? Can never remember which one) saw me at Prague airport in 2009 but didn’t say hello :frowning:

1 Like

A few DiSers have been down here on holiday fairly close to me. Never met any of 'em though. @Brainfreeze was working on my estate a little while ago.
Think I was in Bath and hanging around the same places as a few people too many years ago.
I think, and this is a test of my ageing memory, that @Slicky was at the same Stewart Lee show in Bath as me back when I was on here as moonface. Also @Steved used to work over the road from my old pub iirc.
I remain unmet though, and long will it continue.

2 Likes

Bumped into @Twinkletoes in Schiphol airport train station. Didn’t even know he was in the country.

12 Likes

that’s wild!

Which pub?

I was also at the Flaming Lips gig where you were onstage.

1 Like

Flan O’Briens on Kingsmead Square. I remember it coming up a long time ago.

bumped into @guntrip at King’s Cross… admittedly it was the morning after we’d both been to a dis meat in London, but still, it’s something

2 Likes

even if a disser was wearing a big drowned in sound t shirt and their username pinned to their chest, I still wouldn’t approach them in a situation like this. what if it wasn’t them. how awful would that be.

6 Likes

I’m always bumping into the lot of you but I’ll never reveal

Still think about that on occasion - my ultimate ‘small world’ moment.

Also bumped into @ericVII in Victoria train station a few years back.

2 Likes

Told @meths off for cycling on the pavement when he whizzed past me.

9 Likes

i played someone from another forum I post on in a random match of Rocket League a few weeks back, blew my mind, there was 500,000 people online

I wasn’t 100% it was him when I saw him so I opened the daily thread and searched to see if he had posted anything in there about The Netherlands and there it was. At that point I was 100% certain, and TT is a good egg, so was no question in my mind that I’d go say hello.

4 Likes

Highlight of the day tbh. I was the most hungover I think I have ever been, and I was going to my mum’s to have an early Christmas dinner. Spent the whole train ride thinking I was dying, threw up after I got there, went to sleep, woke up in the evening and had to eat reheated food several hours after everyone else. 10/10.

3 Likes

Ohhh, yeah sort of near my old work, might have been but can’t remember. Saracen’s Head was our usual post-work pub.

1 Like

Have seen @roastthemonaspit twice during the fringe. Once on the royal mile and I walked right by him. Then another year I think on leith walk on the other side of the road.

Have bumped in @JaguarPirate twice, once in the pub and then on the street. Spotted him when I was on the bus once too.

Bumped into @Unlucky most recently on my hols :blush:

7 Likes

Made a bit of an ass of myself thinking I was introducing myself to @Severed799 at the Cloudwater bar when it was actually one of his coworkers. Drank up and left pretty quick after that.

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that.