Times you have accidentally injured someone in a freak accident.

Hello, I was just playing tennis and took a few steps back to return a ball. Unbeknownst to me, there was a colleague standing behind me who didn’t move out of the way as I went back, and so I ended up hitting him in the face on the follow through.

I feel extremely guilty and awful, despite it being a freak accident. He has a small wound above his eye. Did I say I feel guilty and awful? This is going to haunt me for a while.

Anyway, I realised this is probably a relatively common thing. In Year 11, David threw a cricket ball and it smashed into Lauren’s face, breaking all her teeth, and I wonder if that haunts him despite it being a sickeningly freak accident.

Hospitalised and permanently scarred the face of a girl in sixth form with a plastic plate. Cheers.

3 Likes

How?

This^ but with a boomerang

How ?

We were launching a plastic plate across the classroom and then pegging it to the corner. I received the plate and then blindly launched it towards the corner that was about to be occupied not realising that Hannah was sitting at point-blank range. It smashed her in the philtrum and there was blood everywhere and she had to go to hospital. There is a permanent scar on her face now.

1 Like

Threw boomerang (poorly), went up in front of sun so friend couldn’t see it, smashed him in the top lip and he needed stitches

1 Like

Playing hockey in the school hall at PE and i really fucking swung for the ball, missed the ball and hit my friend in the face.

Hockey dropped from the PE schedule immediately, all thanks to me. Blood, lost tooth and a concussion. Cheers

1 Like

I love the Bad Tone origin story.

Very similar!!!

1 Like

I hit Jezza in the face with a hockey stick by swinging it like a golf club while he was standing behind me

1 Like

No thanks, I’ve just eaten

That happened to me with a golf club. As in I got hit in the face

My mate thinks I once knocked him unconscious by throwing a rock at his head, but what had actually happened is that he tried to throw a rock over his own head, missed, and hit himself in the face. We went for a sit down and he passed out for a bit then woke up with no memory of what had happened, so naturally assumed that I did it.

It’s understandable really, the true version seems pretty implausible.

3 Likes

accidentally broke my friend’s mum’s arm when we set up a tripwire at the entrance to our secret den in the woods

7 Likes

Kids are well cool eh

Doesn’t sound that accidental tbh tbf.

10 Likes

the system worked :man_shrugging:

1 Like

In similar circumstances, when I was in about year 9, we were playing cricket out on the strip of tarmac behind the maths department. I was batting and made a sweet connection on my trademark well timed cut shot, with a full follow through over my left shoulder. a group of girls often came and sat down on the step adjacent to the “crease”. What I hadn’t noticed was that one of them had stood up and was just over the very same left shoulder as where my bat now was. The bat and her head made a very unwanted connection. I was obviously hugely apologetic. Thankfully she was little more than shaken, as the bat had almost come to a stop, but it did very little for our friendship. I’m not sure any of the group of girls spoke to me for quite a long time, despite a few more attempted apologies. Just so very glad I didn’t hit her any harder.

2 weeks ago I put a big pile of timber down too fast and it trapped my colleague’s hand and the nail is going to come off. She swore at me a lot in Russian but she was remarkably fine about it really. Apparently the nurse described it as ‘disgusting’. Then I saw a picture of it. It’s disgusting.

2 Likes