Tinder Stories

Oh yikes, ugh

3 Likes

Can I claim some kind of Viking heritage? Blonde, blue eyes, come from a country that was settled by Scandinavians who founded all of our cities?

Iā€™ve got auburn hair and hazel eyes, and they still seemed convinced I was Danish (and Finnish friend was like ā€œoh yeah you could be Danish actuallyā€), so youā€™re way ahead of me already, so might as well claim it.

Iā€™ve read this book in Swedish, mind, so perhaps Iā€™ve already got my licence. I also like salmiakki/Tyrkisk pepper if thatā€™s on the checklist.

1 Like

All these things are only as creepy as the user.

chatted to someone a bit a few weeks ago, got asked out for a drink. complete radio silence between us after weā€™d agreed on a place without confirming a date. like neither of us spoke to each other at all.

weird.

did the no pants dance with someone off there who I really liked like a year ago but she ended up moving back to LA like two weeks later.

and now sheā€™s a thespian

4 Likes

@whiterussian how long before my new passport arrives in the post, and do I get to decide which country, or is it just a Scandi lucky dip?

QUESTION: What is the general etiquette on liking people that you already know on tinder, and fancy a bit? I know that some people ā€œlikeā€ everyone they know on there for fun but I donā€™t. Iā€™ve seen two people (who I both know as a friend of a friend, and of the same friend as well in fact), one I swiped past on instinct and the other one I am deciding on AS WE SPEAK.

Come on DiS, tell me what to do

Also i just canā€™t believe how many people have such shit profiles on tinder. Incredible.

Just like them FFS! Then youā€™ll find out!

So many. Iā€™m on it in right now and there are so many people I swipe past without even thinking anymore. A group photo as your first picture? NOPE

Whatā€™s the worst the could happen?
Whatā€™s the best that could happen?

The best probably far outweighs the worst. So do it!

(I donā€™t take my own advice)

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of advice I would give to someone else, so i completely get where youā€™re coming from. Literally the worst that can happen is a bit of mild awkwardness but seeing as weā€™re all virgin indie bedwetters here, that is pretty bad.

Do you have them on facebook, etc? Would probably be better messaging rather than on tinder. Idk, whenever I see someone I vaguely know on online dating stuff I head for the hills immediately out of sheer anxiety. Maybe thatā€™s just me though.
Basically if you canā€™t contact them elsewhere still ask them out anyway tbh.

1 Like

Nope donā€™t have him on fb or anything. I hardly ever meet this person irl but our mutual friend is quite close with both of us, you see.

I had this happen once and chicken shitted out of swiping at all (thank fuck, he was only within a 10 mile radius of me for a day before he went back to Somerset). Sent him a FB message like LOL JUST SAW YOU ON TINDER, AWKWARD!! HOW ARE YOU ANYWAY

Tinder in the UK has ads! Ads! Fucking Hell!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Pretty much always swiped right with anyone I recognised. On two separate occasions it resulted in me going on dates with people Iā€™d previously like but not done anything about because I didnā€™t think they were interested. To counter this humblebrag Iā€™ll end the story with both of them realising how boring I am and calling things off with me.

4 Likes

have heard questions on podcasts/seen them sent into agony aunt columns that are along the lines of ā€˜iā€™m on tinder so i can be a wingwoman for my friend and scope out her optionsā€¦ā€™

maybe itā€™s a real thing???

First person I matched with here is Irish. Hadnā€™t even looked at her profile properly. We canā€™t go anywhere.

Obvs I am going to say nothing. I am only here 'til Sunday morning.