Titles

We’ve all got a stinker of a thread in our threadsmithing back catalogue, the trick is to nip it in the bud early, make it a Williem Prunier rather than a Karel Poborsky.

I grew up in the 1990s you know.

3 Likes

What, so like stop replying?

2 Likes

I assumed they were philosophers, just googled it and that does not seem to be the case

2 Likes

When I’ve been guilty of making a bad thread in the past I tend to post “Right, that’s me off to bed now, God bless x” and then when I wake up in the morning I just pretend that there have been no further responses

2 Likes

just very quietly get the mods to delete it and then NEVER mention it again

1 Like

Can’t believe a thread this bads title looks like titties at first glance

3 Likes

I’ve literally seen that happen before, made me chuckle at the time, but I realise now that it’s a hard pill to swallow

It’s just really inconvenient. Really thought you could, and I was able to tick “friend that could speak Danish” off my list.

Oh, I get the golfer’s tits reply now

Luckily, the only times this has happened to me has been when I’ve also needed to go to bed anyway

What would you do if you posted a stinker in working hours? Do you have a plan?

Ppl sitting around in the thread being like “this is a bad thread blah blah blah” well guess what here you are posting in it

I’d rather see an interesting failure of a thread than an unambitious success and that’s the truth

5 Likes

Just to keep that quality bar as high as I possibly can…

Towel attendant absolutely did me

4 Likes

Also loads of us with academic titles/jobs sitting here like

serious the simpsons GIF

1 Like

:church:

(I do think, however, that we should still be diligent about calling out when a failure is a failure even interesting or otherwise)

1 Like

Sounds irresponsible, and borderline arrogant, but if it works it works

The Keir Starmer story

2 Likes

There’s literally no precedence whatsoever, it just came out of nowhere, like the lollipop.

1 Like