TK Maxx bargs

Hello capitalism my old friend.

Gotta admit, I love a bit of TK Maxx.

Yesterday I bought a new bathroom liquid soap for 3.99 and no word of a lie it smells ten times that price… Its like one by Aesop. So, have you bought anything and thought oooh what a barg recently? Doesn’t have to be tk maxx specific

Paid £7 for a cast iron pan that will probably last me forever.

5 Likes

Niiiiice! You reminded me I also got a cupcake tin and I googled it and it’s commercial and selling for over seventy quid :flushed::flushed:

Birmingham TK Maxx had a golden period around 2013-14 when you could consistently pick up designer clothes massively reduced. Best bargain I got was a Maison Margiela silk cardigan for £70-80, down from £500 or so. They once had a Rick Owens leather jacket for a couple of hundred, they’re usually well over a grand but sadly this wasn’t in my size.

2 Likes

Bought a tie a while back, nice navy one, good material, intending to wear it for a wedding. Got home to discover it had a massive lion emblem on the front, so obviously I’m not ever going to wear it because I’ll look like a kipper or worse.

TK Maxx really stresses me out.

2 Likes

My Grandma got me a voucher for TK Maxx one Christmas. Sold it to my Mum

1 Like

Haha yeah in fairness I never bother with the clothing section as being overweight it’s just a hassle. However the homeware, shoes and beauty and bath sections get rinsed!!

A soap ten times the price would have to be made of gold which I imagine isn’t that effective.

The great thing about TK Maxx is that there will literally be five pairs of jeans in every store with a 31 inch waist and then four of them will have like 40 inch legs, one will look ideal at first glance, will have 31 inch leg and 28 inch leg and will look perfect and then when you pick them up there will be a drawing of a dragon on the kneecap or “DANGEROUS BOY” scrawled on the arse or something.

30 Likes

Yeah it does sometimes feel like a hidden camera show where you look over your shoulder and think ‘this seems too good to be true what’s the catch’?

Love the food and tea and coffee section.

2 Likes

The food section is so fun. Always get interesting spices and stuff. And decent olive oil! Also have a gorgeous pair of clay decanters for olive oil and balsamic vinegar which made me feel so grown up

1 Like

Sometimes spend absolutely ages in there looking at pointless homeware, deciding something I like and by the time I’ve got to the queue I will decide I dont need it and dump it and get the hell out of there.

3 Likes

Nervous laughter I’ve never done this honest guv

I once saw a cropped faux leather jacket bearing the legend, “COCK FIGHT REVOLUTION” in TK Maxx in Barnsley. For a tenner. Not buying it haunts me to this day.

10 Likes

Yesterday I put the following items in my basket*

Lancome lip stain
Phone holder
Stila colour corrector
Cupcake tin
Aromatherapy diffuser
Soap

I came away with

Phone holder
Cupcake tin
Soap

Think about 40% of my clothes are from maxx. Mainly go there for the layout, find other clothes shops really annoying in comparison. Good for xmas shopping too if you don’t know what you’re looking for

1 Like

Oh tilters, I can’t imagine ever being excited about soap :sweat_smile:

I find TX Maxx too stressful. What the heck is going on in there? What’s the system?! Why are there stickers over everything?!

The TV loves it.

2 Likes

M9 it is FIT.

2 Likes

Also Where’s the Sunday dinner thread I need to share

1 Like