(To what extent) does your partner (or did your ex(es)) know about you posting on DiS?

• They know about it
  • They don’t know about it
  • CWBAFT

0 voters

• They know the extent of my posting
  • They don’t know how much I post

0 voters

• They haven’t met other DiSers
  • They have met other DiSers
  • They are a current / former DiSer

0 voters

• They are generally positive about my DiS use
  • They are generally neutral about my DiS use
  • They are generally negative about my DiS use

0 voters

This thread comes courtesy of:

• a post on another thread when someone mentioned that their partner doesn’t know about them posting on DiS
  • a conversation with Mrs CCB (after I took a pic of my dinner for a thread) where she described DiS as “like Instagram but for losers” :smiley:
42 Likes

met an ex on dis.

other exes didn’t know about dis. was either not posting here at all, or used to say I was on reddit, which was true for about 50% of the time.

1 Like

Had varying degrees of knowledge between exes, mostly neutral bordering on negative. My most recent one is probably reading this now so hiya :wave:

4 Likes

Only had one bf since I’ve been on DiS :grimacing: I used to read out kik’s betting posts which I thought were hilarious (still do). He tolerated this, but we broke up not long after I started doing it.

My besties know about dis tho, I tried to set up my best friend with Raanraals at a DiS meat after a few beveraginos (they’re both posh) but he was already spoken for. I think she would be popular with the available men of DiS but she’s not into beards or indie music, only clean cut blonde Oxbridge grads, so it wouldn’t work out. TBF if I liked beards and crying about Jeremy Corbyn I’d probably have a DiS boyfriend. Rip.

14 Likes

Two didn’t know but I didn’t hide it, one did know and I very much regret that but he would have found out without me telling him.

Everyone else is/was a diser too :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yeah, my friends don’t know I post on here (not sure why? I guess it would take too much explanation). I remember when I went to the first Fenino, one of mine and Mrs CCB’s mutual friends was round our house and was asking where I’d gone for the night and Mrs CCB was like “um… he’s gone to Cambridge … to meet some … friends?” Goodness knows what my friend thought I was up to.

2 Likes

Same :wave:

3 Likes

well love that Mrs CCB knows me as chorizo man.

9 Likes

I think I’m just fortunate to exclusively be friends with terminally online 20somethings.

2 Likes

Chorizo Pasta to be exact! I think it’s just because she was looking over at my phone - “who’s… Chorizo Pasta?”

3 Likes

Just thinking about the boyfriend I had immediately before joining, he would have signed up if I’d told him about it, and I’m pretty sure everyone would have hated him. A true old boards kinda guy.

3 Likes

have never been consistent in how i explained dis to her, or my friends, or my parents. Basically just chuck out some combo of internet friends/from gigs/my music forum/actually explaining what it is

but yeah she/they just know it as my weird indie music friends who also talk about other stuff (plus I sometimes take credit for good dis-memes, definitely raised my social standing)

My current gf knows but that’s only because it’s hard to avoid with Dungeons and Dissers and playing @greenarrow ball.

4 Likes

It is my secret shame and mine alone.

14 Likes

Additionally to my tv (who’s neutral & uninterested) my eldest has threatened at various times to join up and start posting here

I know that they’ve been browsing the HGATR threads and some others but they’re probably too addicted to tiktok at this point to jump into any text-based shenanigans

13 Likes

My ex is the only person in my life who knows about dis I think. She’s met three of you and it was all very nice. Two of the disers she met have the same first name though which makes it quite confusing to talk about

“look, it’s [ccb] from the internet!”

1 Like

Can always start presenting HGATR in video form if it helps?

3 Likes

Ha! Does Dr Mrs Epimer spot me around town then?

My brother knows and someone who went to my sixth form and uni and terrified me by saying hi (my name) in a last.fm thread about a decade ago (I had added people from school and here). My brother is an online person so gets it but haven’t told anyone else ever