Toast (multi poll thread)

:expressionless:

1 Like

Would you rather

• See a ghost
  • Have a piece of toast and watch the evening news

0 voters

1 Like

As if I’d bother cutting my toast at home. On the other hand, If I’m buying/having it as part of a served thing at a hotel/B&B and it’s not cut into triangles,I’d be very disappointed.

5 Likes

barbarian

1 Like

I’m still not really into toast.

1 Like

I seem to remember violent debate on this here board about the merits of tiger bread.

Clearly makes the best toast but I’m aware this is not a universally held view.

I’ve actually gone off sourdough recently. Eaten too much of it.

aw tiger bread. its like Peroni or something in that we all used think it was so superior to ordinary bread/beer and now we realise its just the same cos we have real poncey stuff to fuss over

1 Like

What is the Tory option here? Burnt to a crisp? Warm bread?

Yeah you might be right. Still think it’s an absolute winner. Fried egg on tiger bread toast remains the absolute best combo in my mind.

I’ll tell you what I don’t like, Smee, and that’s bread with loads of stuff in it. “Oh this one’s got walnuts and olives and bits of iron pyrites in it”. Not for me thanks - just give me some bread.

cant believe the number of shitehawks pretending they think a round of toast is two pieces or (worse) however many pieces of toast you want! outfuckingrageous

Burnt to a cinder and then comparing it to a racial epithet of someone from the Caribbean or Africa.

almost 100% with you here. especially don’t like olives in bread (most of the time). However, give me a few rounds of that toast that is like a hot cross bun in a loaf any day of the week. Why do I never buy this?

Yes I too like a hot cross bun etc but in that instance I am opting in to having stuff in there. At lunch on Sunday there was a selection of bread rolls and every single one had stuff in them. Like sultanas and olives and dates and stuff. When did a BREAD ROLL become too much to ask.

A round of toast is two slices. I checked with the etymology department at work today.

If it was one piece there would have been no need for the term.

1 Like

Garlic? Bread?!

this has made me look it up and it turns out the oed reckons its one slice of bread but also a sandwich made from two slices of bread, which is ridiculous because no one has ever said ~a round of sandwich~

I guess it’s up to you whether you want to trust the Oxford English Dictionary or the etymology department of the seventh biggest made-up paper merchants in Tameside then…mate.

3 Likes

In recent weeks sourdough has been held up by Geoff Barrow as a signifier of gentrification in Bristol.

have you been nominated for young Tameside businessman of the year again this year?

Unequivocally one piece round my way. My folks always used to say it (that doesn’t make it right). And, yeah, they also used to refer to a sandwich (two slices, but one sandwich) as a round of sandwiches (also doesn’t make it right).