Today is a Thursday, so this is THE Thursday thread. Accept no substitutes

There’s 4k restorations of Escape, Prince Of Darkness, The Fog and They Live doing the rounds of cinema screenings over the next couple of months :open_mouth::+1:

2 Likes

I did go, but the sound quality was so awful I left about fifteen minutes in :cry:

(Issue in the screen, not with the film/restoration etc)

Aw no that’s awful :confused: sorry to hear that!

Think we should both watch it at home this weekend to make up for it!!

Morning all.

Trains are fucked.

Into the office for a couple of hours then into London for what should be a project sign off meeting but won’t be because the bit of software no longer actually loads up.

Kids again tonight, school open evening and see if I can take the required 7 points from my final 3 matches of the season to see if I can seal the Ukrainian First League title on FM18.

Thanks. Found the whole thing really frustrating, especially as it was a late-ish screening.

I might watch it tomorrow night! It’s on Now TV I think. It’s on again later in the month at another cinema here (in London) but I wanted to see it before the new one comes out.

A new father is back from paternity leave and will not stop talking about his dickhead child.

Just wait until he brings his child in to show everyone in a few weeks.

Thanks for the messages yesterday. It went as well as could be expected. The church was full, loads of people came which was amazing. Nice to catch up with everyone afterwards.

Also this.

16 Likes

Might preemptively set myself to Do Not Disturb for the next month.

1 Like

Are you excited for the new one? There seems to be conflicting reviews on it. I think it’s kind of wise but also totally bizarre (and a bit disappointing) that they’ve chosen to ignore ALL the sequels. Particularly H20!! Why!! It’s great. They could have had a Michelle Williams and Josh Hartnett cameo :smiley: (in my dreams) I watched the one with Paul Rudd in it the other day!! Really enjoyed it.

Someone in work keeps dousing themselves in Lynx Africa in the disabled toilets at the top of the stairs to our department. It’s absolutely foul smelling, reminds me of secondary school.

Bit hungover today. Had a few pints after work yesterday on an empty stomach and they went right to my head. Payday today but I will NOT be drinking after work.

I’d love to see Halloween on the big screen. Actually come to think of it, GFT are showing it

1 Like

Kallgeese’s getting the pints in!

3 Likes

All my family are coming to visit this weekend, so I’m only working half day then gonna meet them at the airport. Gonna be 10 of us stormin’ Nijmegen. Looking forward to playing with my niece and nephew who are both very cute.

Careful pal, there’s some staunch Lynx Africa apologists on the boards.

Is AggPass one? I bet you he is.

No, he’s a Lynx Cobalt man.

Going to hold off until the MMA bouts i’m going to on Saturday night with my brother. Going to get absolutely lairy in the crowd.

Lynx Atlantis 4 lyf

(And by that I mean until I was about 17 or 18)

1 Like

I’ve never been to the GFT! My friends who lived in Glasgow always talk of it so fondly. Maybe the cameo/filmhouse are showing it too?! Hmmm

Anyway, you should absolutely go.

1 Like