Today's charity shop purchase

I broke my cafetiere last week. Found this one, still boxed in the charity shop near work today for less than a fiver. Now I’m drinking my own coffee at work again instead of paying £2 a cup.

3 Likes

got a blue hoody for winter
4 euros

2 Likes

Same.

I also like teatowels.

2 Likes

I got a lovely knitted dress from Oxfam yesterday for £3.99. Not til I got it home that I realised it was size 4.

Got some nature books from the '30s today. Particularly like this illustration of a mole eating a worm:

6 Likes

grabbed this in Oxfam for a quid today

i really like those old Penguin editions with the drawings on the cover. Quentin Blake did this one!

4 Likes

From three different charity shops in Muswell Hill yesterday.

1 Like

got any other recommendations on the Norton label dude?

kickin’ child is one of my ‘finds’ of 2017, so anything in a similar vein would be sweet

I don’t think that there’s a lot of stuff on Norton that’s really close to that Dion album. Everything else is much more rock’n’roll, whether it be rockabilly, rhythm’n’blues, garage rock, doo wop,surf instrumentals or whatever.

I’m recommending you go onto YouTube and have a listen to tracks from these albums on the label:

• Bobby Fuller “El Paso” recordings.

• Anything by Big Star plus anything else they have by Alex Chilton.

• The Mary Weiss album, she of the Shangri Las fame. Her album’s called “Dangerous Game”.

• Miriam’s “Down Today” and “Nobody’s Baby” albums are great. She’s actually the owner of the label, which she ran with her husband, Billy (who died a year ago this week). She’s still keeping things going, though. (She was the original drummer in the Cramps, by the way, and also drummed in the Zantees and the A-Bones with Billy.)

• Anything they have by Sun Ra.

• Del Shannon’s “Move It On Over” might work for you too.

1 Like

cheers man

1 Like

I shall be interested in hearing what you think of them all.

1 Like

Cracking trip to the thrift store yesterday…

A Chinese(?) foot board thing… I have no idea what it is.

A Pendleton Wool Coat - which we are now selling on Etsy for $100.

and a bin!

2 Likes

Where’s the pic of the bin?

3 Likes

I’ve got a couple of vintage Pendleton shits. They seem to be pretty good quality and don’t wear out quickly. Bought one of them 15 years ago and it was already older than me when I bought it.

1 Like

LIt’s a beauty!

I also picked up this chrome stunner from the same thrift store a few weeks back.

1 Like

that’s an outstanding coat

1 Like

you’d think they’d have decayed by now

2 Likes

I need a new keyboard.,

just been to a shop
scarf, book and cd rack 2 euros in total

:palms_up_together:

6 Likes