Today's New Releases 10th March 2017

I wasn’t a huge fan before tbh - I’d heard bits and pieces but it never quite clicked. I picked this one up for review though and it’s made a believer out of me. Scratches that Jesu/Iroha doomy shoegaze itch but feels much more intimate and personal. Great record.

1 Like

Indebted for the Shed recommendation. Perfectly Hits that sweetspot between techno / ambience

2 Likes

French Press by the former is an excellent song… but it is very close to:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=loh69VNWkyQ

Which isn’t a bad thing, just very noticeable

I liked it. Really liked Shobaleader One though, shall be listening to that a lot over the coming weeks.

Yeah, the Shobaleader One release is a lot of fun! On the one hand, I actually really liked most of the album they released a few years back so was hoping for more new material, but on the other, this is a great set of choons and the musicianship to pull them off is super impressive.

What did you make of this. I’ve not followed his output closely over the last few years, but loved things like ‘Another Girl’. Feels a bit like he’s fallen into the techno-producer trap of straying too far from what he’s excellent at in order to produce an album.

They’d totally passed me by until now - and I’m usually quite hip to Squarepusher releases too. Love the live jazz feel to a lot of this though.

This is my favourite from their first album

It’s well worth a listen. A couple of tracks are a bit nothing-y but there’s some gold on there.

1 Like

Anyone heard of Valerie June or her new album released last Friday? It’s not avant garde nor ground breaking. It’s just a beautiful soulful folk record with amazing melodies with a woman with a stunning voice. This track one of her songs sung live: