Today's officially Put Your Heating Back On Day 2018

Yep

(Oh but look at the lovely, high ceilings though)

1 Like

Like retracted. Autumn is fucking horrible . All wind and rain and shit.
(Proper) Winter is great though - cold, calm, clear.

I’ll give it you back - summer was banging. Should just be Proper winters followed by Proper summers. Which is more or less what we had this year isn’t it?

still have nightmares over the winter of discontent (2010) when we didn’t have central heating for about 3 months between November and Feb. remember having sex a few nights basically just to warm up.

Autumn > Winter > Summer > Spring.

FACT.

Summer > Spring > Autumn > Winter > Winter II

4 Likes

Autumn is the worst. At least with the perpetual greyness of Spring there is summer to look forward to.

Gonna try holding out until at least mid-November. I’ve got useless storage heaters anyway, winters are a complete nightmare here.

Still got the windows open here. Decent weather tbh tbf…

1 Like

FTFM

Summer > Winter (1-3) > Autumn > Spring

1 Like
  1. Spring - just a nice time really, sweet relief from winter, weather getting better (except this year), my birthday, things are in bloom, the year is still young. also a good arts festival on where i live around this time, baby lambs running around when i go back to my parents’ house, summer plans start to take shape

2. Summer - found summers depressing as fuck when i was at uni. bit of a lonely time, no one would be around, i’d end up back home bored out of my mind, and it was another uni year over with increasingly few of them left before the real world beckoned. i like them now, the sun seems to make everyone seem happy and everything look beautiful and it’s great spending the long long days in the park. only downside is the feeling you should be outside having fun all the time when somedays you’d like to just sit inside and not leave the house, and the feeling sometimes that you should have more substantial summer plans and be doing more with it - probably the only things keeping it off the top spot.

3. Autumn - quite a lovely feeling in the air, everything looks beautiful and colourful and rustic. its nice to slip on your nice coat and scarf again after a long break, weather’s less unpredictable than summer. more than any other season, there are certain albums i find perfect for autumn and its lovely sticking them on while crunching through the leaves. however it can be a bit depressing seeing another summer wane away.

4. Winter - up until Christmas (Winter 1?) i find winter really lovely. the cold weather and dark evenings are good because they feel Christmassy, and the darker it is the better you can see all the lovely Christmas lights. genuinely really enjoy the Christmas build up (once December has arrived that is, i’m not a psycho). January and February however (Winter 2) are pretty bad. the cold and dark is shit because they’re no longer evocative of anything other than how cold and dark it is. house is freezing, spending money on heating all the time. you keeping getting the year mixed up and becoming horrified when you remember what year it now actually is. genuinely awful.

Worst thing about end of summer is having to wear socks. Currently still have bare feet (under a duvet).

Love summer, then autumn, winter then spring.