Toe-kicking in Football

Cause it hurts your toesy woesys

1 Like

Just to confirm, this is universally known as the TOE-BUNG, right, not the toe-kick or anything else?

1 Like

we had another phrase but i’m not sure how it’s spelt. toe-boanting or something like that. idk

Toe poke?

20 Likes

that seems to be the accepted term but ‘poke’ doesn’t do justice to the kind of power you could get using the technique.

Toe-punt, surely/Shirley.

28 Likes

Aye, that’s fair

Another vote for toe punt here, Clive and Shirley.

1 Like

It’s a toe punt or a toe poke and it’s nigh on impossible to get any accuracy.

Look at these though:
https://www.serafinoboots.com/

1 Like

#bringingitback

1 Like

the endorsements for those boots are incredible.

"Ray Parlour -Former Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Hull City. During his Arsenal career he was nicknamed “The Romford Pelé”

Don’t remember Parlour ever being called that.

can confirm romford pele is legit

14 Likes

Harry Ballsack keeping up to date on quality sports journalism.

I seem to remember that nickname, also. I may be confusing him with Steve Davis, mind.

Designed by Peter Serafinowicz?

Toe punt is different from toe poke I reckon. Punt is obviously booting it as hard as you can, toe poke is like a poacher’s finish past the keeper/an actual useful skill.

Or is it not worth discussing the difference, probably isn’t

1 Like

no this is good, this is exactly why i refused to use ‘toe-poke’ in the OP. i’d have to take issue with you though: either both are skills or both aren’t.

Suppose so, but I’d associate punts with people that can’t play football at school or something whereas pokes I associate with absolute legends like Inzaghi

1 Like

the Brazilians have a knack for it Ronaldinho Goal for Barcelona v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 2005 - YouTube

2 Likes

The Dutch, who as we all know, invented modern football, refer to this essential skill as a “punter”. Toe punt would be the nearest English equivalent.