Toilets at School

Maddening.

woah

The unisex toilets are doored off singular units, with no stalls. Like a ability toilet now, but several of them. So essentially theyā€™re more private.

1 Like

oh i see, that sounds fair enough

2 Likes

yeah i could understand why they might have been concerned by the idea of normal school bathrooms being unisex, but the above sounds great, so their reaction is quite weird unless theyā€™ve just willingly failed to understand the actual situation so they can have a little reactionary moan.

3 Likes

Spoilers ffs

Using the toilets in secondary school was just a horrible experience. Always tried to go in lesson time when it was quiet, breaktimes were a hotbed of neā€™er-do-wells shoving folk who were pissing so youā€™d stumble into the urinal, or pulling your trousers right down, or just pointing at a urinators willy and claiming it was in some way deformed so that rumour would follow them around for the rest of their time there irrespective of the veracity. Woebetide anybody who ever entered a cubicle.

Teenage boys are horrible lawless monsters.

One of my mates at school was at the toilet for a few minutes longer than what was deemed ā€œnormalā€ by us. This ended up with a long-running joke that he was obviously drinking water out of toilets.

I think I would agree with you on that one

Virtually never used them.

Definitely never had a shit - no locks on the stalls and that glossy toilet paper.

School was a split site so time between lessons was spent walking between buildings. I canā€™t even remember there being any toilets in one of the buildings and in the other it was miles from any classroom down a maze of corridors.

Donā€™t remember anyone ever being allowed to leave the classroom to go the toilet. Itā€™s a wonder no one pissed themselves really although yeah maybe nobody drank. Do kids constantly drink water these days? Bet they do.

At my very small primary school the boys toilets had one cubicle, and you could go in, lock the door, then climb on the seat, onto the cistern, then over the door to leave it locked but with no one in it.

One time Tom went in there to do it but he was too heavy and the cistern came off the wall and smashed EVERYWHERE, was the most shocking thing Iā€™d ever seen. He came out of the door absolutely sobbing, I donā€™t think he even got in trouble as he was so clearly traumatised.

3 Likes

find it incredible that so many people apparently never pissed as children

2 Likes

Not many memories of them to be honest. Someone crapped in a urinal once and word got round so everyone popped in to have a look, until the caretaker sorted it. Kids are weird.

Tbf at my old work there used to be an unidentified someone would occasionally leave a forearm-sized* poo in the gents and whoever spotted it would have a quite word to tell people to go have a look, so maybe itā€™s justā€¦ men.

*I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but every time Iā€™d assume it had grown in my mindā€™s eye and every time it happened again it was as big as I thought

This happened on a school trip once, someone did a turd the size of a Stella can in their hotel room toilet and everyone in the corridor was running in and out of their room to take a look, until eventually a teacher caught wind of all the commotion and came to investigate. The look on her face will live with me forever.

3 Likes

The staff toilets were out of order one day so Mr Brinded had to use the kids toilets and obviously used the cubicle rather than the urinals but then we started a rumour that he couldnā€™t wee standing up.

1 Like

In year 2 we had a brand new teacher and she tried to lay down the law so said not to bother asking to go to the toilet. We could go during our breaks. 25 minutes into the first lesson of the year a kid wet himself

This is a huge fear of mine as a teacher. Iā€™d feel so so awful I always let kids go / after X is back etc (wasnā€™t born yesterday)

Legit donā€™t remember ever using the toilets at school, which baffles me. I must have gone, right? Odd.

Same here - except I remember going in primary school but not secondary. Why the memory block there?