Tokyo Olympics 2020/21 🏃‍♀️ 🏊‍♀️ 🚴 🏋️‍♀ 🤸‍♂️ 🤼‍♂

UEFA Women’s Euro 2021 was supposed to be this summer, but postponed until next year.

1 Like

^this

The women’s football calendar was supposed to be:

2019: World Cup
2020: Olympics
2021: Euros

1 Like

Don’t really get why they’ve banned Russia from the olympics, but athletes from Russia can just enter and represent the totally made up country called something like ‘the Russian Athlete Olympic Team’

1 Like

Tennis at the Olympics is great (if you like tennis (a big if))

Some players obv don’t give a shit but a lot of them care loads, including most of the big ones. Adding a national element to a usually individual sport gives it a really interesting dynamic, similar to Davis & Fed cups but without the boring format

2 Likes

Think you could probably say the same about golf except for the fact that all golfers are American

I’m looking forward to the weightlifting. the youtube algorithm has made me a weightlifting fan by accident, I know all the names. it’s also trying to make me a fan of scandinavian middle distance runners but I’m not interested.

1 Like

Isn’t it to stop Russia from stealing valour

1 Like

Sadly not

1 Like

Today’s Google Doodle is a really fun pixel game that is Definitely Not About The Olympics.

1 Like

Can’t wait for a three hour ‘sombre’ opening ceremony with no fans tbh

hoping mario, sonic & pikachu team up to kick the shit out of godzilla.

1 Like

The Czech Olympic team went on a charter flight, and look what happened to them!

Are Scott and Balding in some sort of cgi virtual palace
No it’s somehow real, weird

1 Like

10 Likes

“The Marie Kondo of Olympic Games”

4 Likes

It’s time

5 Likes

‘deliberately modest and respectable ceremony’ oh cool cool cool

1 Like

Not many people there compared to London 2012

9 Likes

Do the commentators get a script?

Would be funny if they were just coming up with their own interpretations of what the light shows are

4 Likes