Tom Vek

Vom Tek

13 Likes

Good album this! But for someone trying to flog a slab that shows the artwork, I think staring at his bright yellow nothingness would, if nothing else, diminish the listening experience

2 Likes

This is decent! Whoā€™d have thunk it?

(not me, I would not have thunk about Tom Vek releasing a good new album in 2020)

Ooh, new Vek. Did not expect that.

Re: the big iPod:

Me too, but look at how the software actually runs in the video. Looks very jerky and slow which would be hugely annoying. Stuff like this is really two things: a nice physical thing and nice software. Iā€™m not convinced on the latter, and at this price thatā€™s crazy.

I can see the appeal of the artwork side of it, but it feels like thatā€™s an app or some software they could sell to Spotify/tidal etc, rather than a Ā£500 piece of hardware

2 Likes

Yeah, a tablet in particular could totally allow a booklet format by splitting the screen into 2

Letā€™s forget the music player for a mo, this albums is really good, got really good low key grooves throughout

2 Likes

Can I have the Ā£530 instead? please

1 Like

Yeah I can get some really nice headphones or decent powered speakers for that and actually enhance my music listening experience

Youā€™re the worst lottery winner ever

Iā€™m confident youll take the title

I know heā€™s not a huge name, and I know they prefer clickbait horseshit these days, but a bit weird that neither Pitchfork/Stereogum have mentioned this new album at all from what I can tell

1 Like

I thought a song sound very Tom Vek the other day canā€™t remember what it was now

Looking forward to listenibg to this

I dont think heā€™s ever really had much of a US or even international presence

Really enjoying this album. Not hitting the highs of the first three, heā€™s not exploring as many ideas across the songs as he usually would, but still a very solid and complete listen. Love those drum sounds too.

1. Leizure Seizure
  2. We Have Sound
  3. Luck
  4. New Symbols
3 Likes

Heā€™s releasing a track a week for next 7 weeks across all platforms, including collectible NFTs and - I know, I know - I think his thoughts about experimenting with web3 are worth reading in this thread https://twitter.com/tom_vek/status/1538898616793825282?s=21&t=hwa0uvpev_Ugnjmp5juong

https://twitter.com/Tom_Vek/status/1770409957478818255

Love him but canā€™t stand his endless web3 guff on Twitter

2 Likes

oof ouch

1 Like