**2017**

Personally: 6/10. Some amazing bits but some massive lows too.

Musically: what, do you think this is some kind of music website?

Shite/10

2 Likes

Personally: 7/10
Overall: 3/10 (just everything thatā€™s happening in the world is leaving me in a permanent state of anxiety, worry and stress)
Music: 5/10. First year where I didnā€™t go to a festival and didnā€™t go to as many gigs as Iā€™d have liked, tbh.

Personally: 6/10

Very boring year although nothing bad has happened. Wasted a LOT of time. Better than last year which started off alright then ended bloody awfully. Started this year with an awful bout of depression (from the end of last year) which lasted a few months, now Iā€™m somewhat okay and even moderately happy (although itā€™s a ā€˜numbā€™ kind of happy). FINALLY finished my dissertation and got a 2:1, which I was really with pleased since I struggled a lot, but have since taken massively for granted (seems like everyone has a 2:1 now). Still havenā€™t got a proper job, still in the same uneventful area, and was hoping Iā€™d move out much sooner than this. Feel trapped.

Everything feels a lot emptier since finishing uni. Never seem to meet anyone in particular, or have any interesting conversations with people anymore, all communication is so superficial and scarce. Is this what adult life is permanently going to be like? Or should I just get out of my middle-of-nowhere area and meet LME type people?

It already feels like we were living in a completely different era during the first half of 2016 before Brexit/Trump happened compared to now, such a small amount of time ago. Politically this year was quite good though, I was delighted to see the Tories lose their majority at least. Iā€™m a little bit more optimistic about the future compared to last year.

Music: 0/10

Havenā€™t discovered any new music at all (apart from Arcade Fireā€™s new album which has one good song on it), just been focusing on older stuff. Iā€™m so stuck in the past itā€™s embarrassing, especially given that Iā€™m young.

Actually Iā€™d bring that down to 5. Spent much of the year with a bad haircut which took ages to grow out of.