• 1/2 cup torn fresh coriander leaves

• 4 salsa-flavoured tortillas

• 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese

• 1 large tomato, deseeded, finely chopped

Select all ingredients

ADD TO SHOPPING LISTSHOP INGREDIENTS NOWPRINT RECIPE

METHOD

• Step 1

Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Reserve 2 tablespoons onion. Add garlic and remaining onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.

• Step 2

Add capsicum, corn and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender. Stir in diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Add half the coriander. Season with salt. Stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.

Play

Mute

0:00

/

1:08

Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

Fullscreen

HOW TO PREPARE CAPSICUMS1:08

Learn everything about capsicums - including how to deseed, cut, remove membrane, slice, chop, grill whole and peel.

• Step 3

Place a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan on a baking tray. Place 1 tortilla in base of pan. Spread one-third of the mince mixture over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese, finishing with 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

• Step 4

Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

• Step 5

Meanwhile, combine chopped tomato, reserved onion and coriander in a bowl. Serve pie with tomato mixture.

Almost did this. But didn’t.

'cause you see me I got my Tortilla Pie.

Think of me yeah that was me I was that passer by

Isn’t it just a lasagne?

No, because it’s bread instead of pasta. And chilli instead of ragu. And there’s no bechamel sauce. Apart from that…

My least favourite Tom Cruise film

I have a Nigella book with a very similar recipe which she does call something like that

I’m never gonna cook it

I did something similar once, perhaps inspire by Nigella idk, it was shit because the breads just went soggy.

looks like lasanga tho

not really a fan of mixing up cuisine like this

If I want Lasagna I’ll make lasagna. If I want tortillas I’ll make enchiladas or burritos or whatever

You don’t even fusion bro?!?!

I went (with a group) to a fusion japanese / Tapas thing - not for me

Having said that , I’ve probably eaten loads of “Fusion” asian food (mixtures of different Asian cuisine) and that always seems to work

It’s spelled Wok

You mean sushi?

it wasn’t sushi

that would have been much better

IMG_20180628_135657
ALBUQUERQUE

Speaking of Nigella -

I will not follow any stupid american recipe that has cup as a measurement. Idiots. What size fucking cup eh ?

doesn’t scan, YSC

Is this the lasagne thread?