Total Recall

I have never seen the remake and probably never will. I mean, that’s like remaking Point Break, oh, wait!

1 Like

Yup, love this film. Was it the last pre-CGI blockbuster? Feels that T2 changed the game in terms of FX. Not a bad thing for Total Recall - love all the practical FX in it :+1:

FWIW I’ve always watched it assuming it’s all real and probably not going to change my mind now. Feel like he’s somewhat under-appreciated, but there is a Dan O’Bannon x-factor to all of the films he was involved in.

Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers all top top level sci-fi/b-movie/satire/everything films for me…

7 Likes

Thankfully those remakes are hypothetical and don’t exist.

“now here’s da suh-prise… You are not you, you are me.”
“NO SHIT!”

1 Like

Total Recall “is it real?” > Inception “is it real?”

5 Likes

Are you okay, are you YOU?

The one liners in Total Recall are fantastic.

1 Like

Total Recall is real, yet it might not be.

1 Like

For the memory of a lifetime…recaaaaall, recaaaaaallll, recall

1 Like

You’ve got a lot of nerve showing your face around here

Look who’s talking!

1 Like

“Shit, I ain’t even married!”

Very outdated/narrow-minded views on relationships and procreation from Benny.

2 Likes

I think it’s real and always have, but it always makes me question that, a lot, and that is testament to how good the film is. It stands up. For me it’s Verhoeven No 2, and generationally influenced, he’s the best film producer. I get other are actually better, but this speaks to me directly.

1 Like

I think it’s real too.
Brilliant film.

“Thank you for choosing Johnny Cab!”

2 Likes

Where am I? You’re in a Johnny Cab

Time to get my ass to bed.

Tomorrow ROBOCOP, maybe…

2 Likes

Stay out of trouble!

2 Likes

our archiving company at my workplace was called Recall, they would visit us twice a week… I would always address them like this

2 Likes

Yeah I never really considered the not real thing to be more than a twist for the halfway point until I got the DVD and listened to the commentary.

I think the action side makes it hard to lean into “not real” because the action is automatically ‘unrealistic’ at a level that all the other action films are where there’s no possible conceit that it could be otherwise.

Whereas a cerebral film like Blade Runner where the hero is clearly terrible at his job despite everyone claiming he’s the best leans we’ll into that.

@thesewoodenideas I would have been up for a remake that stuck closely to the original story and did it well because it’s quite a different thing but from the sounds of things that wasn’t going yo be the case in the hypothetical one.

So does actual piss

1 Like

HERE, BENNY! SCREW YOU!!!

6 Likes

Both pretty bad movies imho. Why would satire have to be corny and basic?

Oh Bam :frowning:

6 Likes