Totally Tuesday

that’s a hell of a preview image

1 Like

What’s wrong with Tony Mortimer’s face, japes?

PS hello, just seen I have a training zoom webinar in just over an hour. fmlllll.

Morning DiS

I’ve had two work zoom calls already, so I’ve had to be dressed for them. Maybe I’ll just have to go trouserless for the rest of today’s meetings.

Shorts and possibly a BODEGA tee for today’s outfit - currently still abed

Slept like crap, quite a lot of work to do, hmmm

1 Like

Also @kermitwormit you’re obsessed with raccoons right?

1 Like

Little wave of people on social media using ‘feeling anxious sometimes’ as a weapon to scald others with by suggesting they are suffering with a mental illnesses

This is the kind of thing that boils my blood - my wife has proper terrifying anxiety that I’ve seen wrench her body with seizure panic attacks, so friends using it as a ‘this is why I haven’t texted you back’ meme is making me want to get aggro

Just posting this here so I don’t accidentally tell friends and family to go fuck themselves

2 Likes

Same. Crushing a load of cardboard at the same time which ruins the ambience a little.

1 Like

ive got a car and feel like going swimming this afternoon. what time can you be here?

5 Likes

took the day off to sort of my CV and start applying for jobs

so far I’ve:

• opened my CV document
  • had tea and toast
  • started a troll thread
  • arranged some spotify playlists
  • had a look at my last.fm
  • put a wash on
  • brought the bins in
6 Likes

That’s fine, it’s a process

2 Likes

Not saying this is the case for your friends, but in my experience: I do share those “this is why I haven’t done x” memes sometimes, sometimes I get in a self-hate spiral about what I think is laziness but then I’m reminded that actually, it’s one more little symptom of a condition I’ve had since I was 12. And it calms me down a bit (and usually spurs me on to actually do the things I was putting off) But that’s not the be all and end all of my anxiety and depression, obviously there’s a lot of other stuff I don’t post to Instagram or talk about on DiS, you know?

2 Likes

would raccoons not scratch fuck out you

not sure about this

And hugely productive!

1 Like

Brb getting the fastest horse

1 Like

Did I just hear

• Thunder
  • Someone moving their bins

0 voters

• Yourself farting

0 voters

thing is, i fully, strongly agree with eg ‘don’t push yourself to do x or y, you’re only human’ stuff. because that’s extremely correct. when i’m masochistic to go and look at the anxiety-specific post itself though, it’s always, always an account that barrels headlong into pseudoscience about being an empath etc… and for me there’s something belittling about everyone believing themselves to be suffering from acute anxiety when i’ve seen it cripple friends and loved ones. it’s no different to when people used to describe themselves as being ‘a bit OCD or autistic’ you know? like… no, you’re not

(not ‘you’ obv)

i guess i’m saying it burns my toast that those people like yourself who actually suffer are being used as a pop holistic science meme

5 Likes

Based in the information you have provided, we think you are suitable for the following jobs:

• tea lady
  • Guardian columnist
  • CEO of a music streaming service
  • insolvency expert
  • laundrette assistant manager
  • bin man

Further career advice is not available.

9 Likes

ftfy

4 Likes

piece of piss, i’ll take it

1 Like