Tour de France 2018 and associated Grand Tours

it’s going to be interesting. How will the domestiques ride ? Froome hasn’t looked like he has the legs in a few stages where has G has.

It’s all on tomorrow and there’s so little anyone can do tactically tomorrow because it’s so short and brutal. Just a battle of who has the legs. Got a feeling G will break

I think the alps played into Thomas’s hands. The rest of the favourites crashed and lost time, or have been poor, the finishes to Rosiere and Huez aren’t the steepest and through towns. Fair play to him so far.

Think he’s coming unstuck tomorrow or Friday though. He’ll either crack on the finishing climb tomorrow, or if not the distance and climbing on Friday will do him in. I fully expect to see Froome attack him. He’s got too much to lose, 4 straight GT, a chance to join the 5 club become the ‘best’ GT racer of this generation.

But Dumoulin looks good, and there’s a chance the sky could go from 1st and 2nd, to 2nd and 3rd if Tom D can bridge a Froome attack, or distance a Thomas crumble. And Roglic can still do them as well. Very good TTer and climbing well atm.

Delicately poised

farmer attack! fucks sake

spraying stuff (fertiliser?) in eyes?? nice one.

For a second there I was trying to remember which team Farmer rode for and worrying if he was a GC contender.

https://twitter.com/seaningle/status/1021703010882347008

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1021702917043179524

surely the police weren’t stupid enough to use tear gas with the peleton there at the same time??

edit: oh yeah, police.

Can he grow a goatee beard between now and Paris?

I predict roglic cracking and kruijswijk ending up as team leader.

Oooo.

1 Like

Left field. No snow banks in the mountains though

1 Like

Thomas was one of the guys caught in the spray apparently

Any self-respecting farmer knows you don’t spray innocent citizens with pepper spray. You spray them with lethal insecticides and liquid manure.

And Froome

tear gassing the peloton is quite funny

2 Likes

Davey b will be making notes: possible marginal gain there

Especially as it’s the police doing it.

Should build it into stages next year.
65km stage
Cobbled sections
Tear gas
Basically make it Takeshi’s castle on bikes, but with extra drugs

6 Likes

bring craig Charles in for carlton kirby