Tour de France 2018 and associated Grand Tours

1. Thomas
  2. Dumoulin
  3. Froome

Not bad for 2 riders who’ve targeted the Giro and one whose never targeted a TdF before.

The fuck is going on with the timings.

1 Like

Properly fucking delighted for Geraint!

Not 100% correct, but…

Bernard Hinault storming into the timekeeper and politely demanding that 2secs be added to Chris Froome’s time?

It’s quite nice to see Dumoulin with a proper smile on his face.

1 Like

Think they corrected for the wind assistance Froome got from everyone booing him up the hill.

1 Like

A Tour de France winner, a Lions captain and a Champions League winner all from the same school. Something in the water down there!

or there’s only one school in Wales.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Someone’s going to have to beaver away this evening writing him a winner’s speech.

1 Like

Can’t be giving it “wow…ya know… speechless” on the champs now can he?

I know there’s an unwritten rule that the GC doesn’t change on the last day, but wouldn’t it be fucking hilarious if Dumoulin was like nah fuck that.

We say it every year. Total waste of time having the procession. There was an edition in the 90s that saw meaningful racing, and obvs, the Fignon/Lemond TT. Would love some seriously racing

1 Like

just seems ridiculously indulgent, tbh. like, absolutely no one is interested in watching them do a parade of paris, are they? I know there’s some sprinting action sometimes, but still.

1 Like

Same happens in the Vuelta. The giro traditionally closed with a TT, but even this year saw a parade round Rome

1 Like

Mark my words mate, one day events are where it’s at!

Different races, different needs. The Ride London Classic tomorrow is an awful race

the route goes right through the shite area of surrey too.

ripley’s nice I guess.

same as every other sprint stage tbh