Tour de France 2018 and associated Grand Tours

Bernal with a broken Jose and bad face injuries, Landa with a broken L1 vertebrae. That’s his Vuelta and Worlds opportunity done.

Broken Jose is really painful.

(Sorry - horrible crash that)

Great win for ala. Unstoppable at the moment.

WVA wins overall at the Tour of Denmark. Let’s see where he gets announced, but he needs to have a good run out at the Spring Classics. He was great this year with no team, could be amazing with a team.

Pascal Ackermann wins again in Poland with a contender for sprint of the year. Knocking at the door of the big sprinters now surely.

https://twitter.com/Alpe__dHuez/status/1026148493780496384

And one for @anon67149139, Connor Swift joins Dimension Data for the rest of the season as a stagiaire

Class rider

1 Like

thought this was good

Man, the madison is so good.

Kluger and De Ketele are great riders. Fantastic race

1 Like

Anyone watching the Tour de Pologne? Thought not.

Cav rides in the Tour of the Arctic Circle later in the month. Might have to start targeting those smaller races more.

Vuelta a Burgos starts today. Nice looking line up.

Talking of the Vuelta, looks like there’ll only be 2hrs of live coverage a day. Not a good thing.

TVG moves from BMCCCC (whatever they’re gonna be called) to Cannondale EF Drapac (whatever they’re called). Could be a savvy move but not what they need really

BMCCCC have put an offer in for Geraint Thomas

1 Like

they’re obviously fond of gc riders that like to crash

1 Like

Now they’ve lost TVG, they need a crash replacement. And who better that Thomas

Oh shit, great American hope Adrien Costa took a year out and had a near fatal accident whilst climbing which left him needing his leg amputating. https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/news/former-hagens-berman-axeon-rider-adrien-costa-loses-leg-in-climbing-incident_474139

@svenrokk that’s awful. Really sad. Had a big future.

Moscon suspended by UCI for 5 weeks after his TdF antics

Another convenient-length ban that looks serious but in all likelihood leaves him free to ride the races he was planned to do.

1 Like

I just went to see Time Trail - the David Millar film - at Picturehouse Central tonight. It was spellbinding. I really like Millar but even if you don’t the way it’s but together is fantastic, and if you have a chance to see it on a big screen I highly recommend it.

1 Like

i was wanting to see that but the cinema near me only put it on for a couple of days. wish I’d known it wasn’t showing for long.

Yeah saw it last week. Not a fan of millar but the film is amazing. All the noises and blurred visuals it catches of being within the peloton are incredible

1 Like

uh oh

Seeing this on Sunday. Looking forward to it. Haven’t heard anyone say anything other than good things about it.

1 Like